Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Martelli Rotary Cutter

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
knitnoid

Re: Martelli Rotary Cutter

Post by knitnoid » Sat May 17, 2008 7:42 pm

naniyosie -- I concur w/Cindy. Give them the company a call. If you still want to toss out the cutter, I'll be happy to send you postage to send it to me. I LOVE my cutter - in fact, when I occassionally work at the LQS I take my cutter with me.

Pam

naniyosie

Post by naniyosie » Sun May 18, 2008 3:59 am

OK...I'll give them a call tomorrow am.....

Although this is the second cutter they gave me. I saw them at the Hampton Virginia show in February. My first martelli cutter was 'bent'...they gave me a new one. Will let you know how I make out.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Naniyosie - did you call Martelli about your rotary cutter? I'm just wondering what they will do for you.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Tue May 20, 2008 2:29 pm

There aren't 2 blades stuck together are there?

Brenda

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 pm

I guess I wasn''''t the only one with the problem with the Martelli rotary cutter. Yes it does feel like a flat tire, I did contact the company and they were arragant and stuffy. They are willing to repair it for fifteen dollars. GREAT or what . Then you had to pay to ship it there and then pay to have it shipped back.By the time I was done I would have had to pay out twice what I paid for it. They are a very hard company to deal with. Needless to say I have a new OLAF and threw the other one out.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sat May 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Did you contact Martelli directly? I have always had great service from them. They have replaced two rotary cutters at no cost. I bought the zip clip thingy a couple of years ago, didn't open it for over a year and it broke the first time I used it. I emailed, they replied telling me to send the old one, then they called early the next morning with a couple of suggestions. Once I explained it was broken, they put one in the mail immediately and told me not to bother sending the broken one.

naniyosie

Post by naniyosie » Sun May 25, 2008 2:53 am

Hi msdeets!
That was exactly what happened to me..the first time, they were friendly and had no problem replacing it. Maybe they were nice because I complained 'in person' at a quilt show. The second time, they were not friendly (phone) and said the same thing...cost 15.00 plus shipping and handling...thier customer service is horrible.

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 pm

I just use what ever blade that I have for these & my Olfa. As long as the center hole can have the screw go through it you won't have a problem. I buy whatever is on sale that will fit. I have used fiskars, olfa, and that other kind (whatever it is). They all say you have to use their blades, but it isn't true!! A tight wad when it comes to rotary blades.

Sharon V.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Thu May 29, 2008 4:20 pm

I have always used whatever was on sale, usually Olfa. Then, I figured out that the little notches were wearing the bolt so I hunted one that just had a round hole, maybe Fiskars, I'm not sure. So I decided to try theirs. IF they last as long as they say, it might actually be cheaper. I really like the ergonomic design because I have arthritis and tendonitis in both wrists, especially left (I'm a leftie.)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat May 31, 2008 5:20 am

Xteacher - are you saying you use any brand of blade in your Martelli? If so, that's good to know - I can just run down to Hobby Lobby or WalMart instead of ordering Martelli blades on line and waiting.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”