Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THREAD

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
calicopuzzle

Re: THREAD

Post by calicopuzzle » Sat May 19, 2007 4:06 am

That sounds practical doesn't it! Where do you buy the A & E Permacore? I have used the Coats & Clark cotton wrapped poly....but now I have thought I should doubt that...would that be similar to the A & E Permacore? I have quilted with it and haven't had any trouble. I wonder why QIAD doesn't carry thread. I have looked on so many websites in the last couple of days and the more I look the more confused I become. I am thankful for your advice. If you have anymore to add send it along. Nothing like asking a fellow quilter what they have used and what works and what doesn't!!

Quiltcreator

Post by Quiltcreator » Sat May 19, 2007 5:17 am

I think the cotton wrapped poly would be similar. I get the Permacore from a website called King's Men Quilting Supply. They have the BEST prices I have found on all kinds of thread - the Signature cones are about half what you pay in a quilt store (IF you can find one that carries them) and their service is super fast. I also get thread from Columbia River, although I don't think they have the Permacore, and their service is fast, also. There is only one drawback to ordering thread on the internet - you can't be sure of the color. But I am very limited where I live as to what I can find in the stores, so that is usually the way I go.

calicopuzzle

Post by calicopuzzle » Sat May 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Quiltcreator, I just bookmarked the King's Men Quilting Supply and the Columbia River site. The prices are my favorite kind....LOW. I will look them over and order soon. Can't thank you enough for all the information you have shared.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”