Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Adding Hanging Tabs

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
jmkamps

Adding Hanging Tabs

Post by jmkamps » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:42 am

I would like to add hanging tabs to the top of my latest quilt. Does anyone know how to add tabs to the top of the quilt as you are sewing on the binding?

zfatcat

Re: Adding Hanging Tabs

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 pm

I added tabs to the top of one of my quilts. It was way more work than just putting a sleeve on the back. I added them after the binding was on by just sewing in the ditch of the binding.
Lori 8-)

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:02 am

you could lay them across the top and catch them in the binding as you sew it down to the back - I do my sleeves that way and it is not difficult as I sew most of my bindings by machine - I wonder if tabs caught in the binding would pitch the quilt forward though

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:41 am

What I do is go to bed bath and beyond and get some decorator shower curtaun rod hangers. They clip right onto the quilt and you can get a pretty rod to match.

LynnS

Post by LynnS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:51 am

If you put a sleeve on the back, how do you hang it? With a round dowel rod or a flat piece of board (like a 1 inch thick, 2 inch high flat piece of wood)? I am almost done my wallhanging quilt and I can't decide how to do it. I don't want tabs showing or any rod showing at all. How do you attach the wood to the wall then?

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”