Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Curling ribbon border

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
HomespunMary

Curling ribbon border

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 am

Has anyone made a pieced border with the look of having a ribbon run all around the quilt? Like, for instance, the "curling ribbon border" found at quilterscache.com, http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PyramidB ... order.html Or, something similar to that?

Do you think it makes a big difference whether the lighter "ribbon fabric" or the darker "ribbon fabric" is used for the larger pieces (i.e being the fabric that shows the most)? Sort of, does it look more like a flowing ribbon if the darker fabric is chosen or vice versa? Would love to hear your thoughts...

Oasis

Re: Curling ribbon border

Post by Oasis » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:47 am

Look at Grammy65's "More Show and Tell" under the picture posting section. She does beautiful work and her 6 or 7th quilt down has the curling ribbon border. Might help you with the dark/light position.

I just brought the section back up to the top so should be easy to find.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:08 am

Thanks! Yes, that was exactly the kind of border I had in mind!

Is this great or what? You just post a question, go fabric hunting for a couple of hours, come back, and there's the aswer for you! You ladies are so helping and kind!

Jasinta

Post by Jasinta » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 am

Wow, that's a beautiful border, I'm definitely going to try that one.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:04 pm

What an elegant way to finish off a quilt and looks easy. Must try it.

Thanks for informing us lady from Sweden!

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”