Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

applique by hand

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
Krazy4Quiltz

Re: applique by hand

Post by Krazy4Quiltz » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 am

Yes, I do applique by hand and machine. Sometimes I like the peacefulness of hand stitching.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:31 am

I just started doing needle turn. Didn't think I would ever get it. I still have a tough time with points. Did a Hawaiian pillow top. My design looks a little more rounded than the picture, but I guess if you never saw the picture you may not notice it right away. LOL. I'm just finishing up the hand quilting. I like having something small to carry with me to work on while waiting for the doctor, etc. Like you all say...it's nice to be in the living room with DH once in a while. If it just wasn't baseball EVERY NIGHT!!! GRRRRR. I think that's why he has no problem with my quilting expenses...I'm not bugging him to do anything else and he can watch his games in peace. LOL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:41 am

Grammy65 = I guess I'm lucky. I love my Astros. DH watches from the family room or kitchen and while I'm quilting the ball game is on in my studio, too. The TV in the bedroom is also tuned to the game in case one of us has to go thru there to the potty. Our smoking room is the garage and, you guessed it, the radio is on in there with the ball game on. It's everywhere, it's everywhere!!!!! My Astros just can't get it together this year but I love 'em anyway.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:29 am

Oh how my husband would like me to be more like you when it comes to baseball. He is a Rockies fan. When my cousin from California comes to visit, they sit and talk baseball. She is a Giants fan. I enjoy a football game on Sunday, but just can't watch baseball every night.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”