Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wash Away foundation paper

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
zfatcat

Wash Away foundation paper

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm

I just did a test block with the paper that dissolves in water. I used my copier to print the paper pieces. The ink from the printer adhered to my thread when I washed away the paper. My fabric was yellow and light pink. The ink came through the block. Something to keep in mind in case you use this product. You don't have to use it with your printer, but you may want to do a test first. Glad I did.
Lori 8-)

Oasis

Re: Wash Away foundation paper

Post by Oasis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:50 am

Thanks for the info. . .I was going to use it also. Maybe I'll just be satisfied with tearing it off.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 am

Black ink isn't the best to use for this paper. A light blue or light hue of any other color will work best. Have you tried the Inklingo printing templates? A lot of quilters in my guild love it.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 am

sewbug, I don't know what those are. I'll see what I can find. I was just copying patterns on my home copier.
Lori 8-)

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:08 am

can you explain the "Inklingo"...I've never heard of it.

Thanks.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”