Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help... I am lost in the community!

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
cozyquilt

Help... I am lost in the community!

Post by cozyquilt » Sat May 26, 2007 4:55 pm

How does it work? At the risk of sounding really stupid, I am going to ask ......Do you just read everything then comment and wait hours or days for someone to comment back and then how do you locate your answer or comment that someone responded? I would really like to be a part of this community, but, I can't figure it out. lol Carole in Fenton, MI

Quiltcreator

Re: Help... I am lost in the community!

Post by Quiltcreator » Sat May 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Cozy, when you post a new topic (like you just did) it stays at the top. Then whoever wants to answer or add a comment does so and it goes under it. Everything moves down the page as people add their comments. Most of us just blab away without waiting for anyone to answer back although sometimes we get into conversations. If you have a question or comment for a particular person, you can click on the envelope under their name and send them a private message (pm) - just like email. You will find this forum very easy to use once you catch on. Don't hesitate to ask questions and add comments. And tell us about yourself, too, please.

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat May 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Cozy, it seems very confusing at first but you will get the hang of it. We have all kinds of activities going on, fat quarter swaps, block of the month, service projects, lots of chatting with each other, requests for prayers and long distance hugs!! We are a great group, someone is on line almost any time of day or night and we have become a big extended family to each other. No question is too silly and to be honest, if you wonder about it......there is probably someone else wondering too!! Please jump right in and chat away, the more the merrier!!

Happy stitching!!
Debi

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Hello & Welcome cozyquilt. Happy to have you with us. All you have to do is just type what you want to say & somebody will post soon as they read it or have anything to add. When you look for their reply, it should be on the screen below the original post. If you reply to this post I am typing, it will be on top of mine here.

Most of the general gabbing goes on over under the General Discussion area. You will get the hang of it. Just stay with us and post often & you'll figure it all out. Jump in on any or all discussions. If you have questions, someone here will most likely know the answer or be able to find it for you. We have a lot of teasing and fun here too. Hope you will love it here with us.

Cathy

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Sat May 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Cozyquilt, welcome!

Sometimes a lot of readying without posting a reply happens here and thats ok. Other times it is a constant posting frenzy that goes on, it all depends on the topic and who/m is here and awake or coherent. Sometimes I am really semi awake and some of the gals would say not always coherent. LOL

We have fun teasing each other, all in goodnatured style of course, and as you can tell from the post count some are more blabbers than others! If you don't want to comment you don't have to and lots of times if I feel the questions has been answered I don't post. Its all up to you!

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Sat May 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Welcome, Cozyquilt.

Namarose

Post by Namarose » Sat May 26, 2007 8:02 pm

You can come and read or just talk. I just copy and paste things I need to save. The ideas and the talk are great. Watch the time. The first week I was on some times for 3 to 6 hours.
Welome to the family.
Namarose

cozyquilt

Post by cozyquilt » Sun May 27, 2007 2:54 am

Thanks gals, I THINK I understand. Thanks for the welcome too. Like you all said, I'll just jump in and try it. All of you seem very nice and it should be easy to mix in. :-)
I saw a few ladies from my area of the world also.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun May 27, 2007 5:20 am

To see the latest updates/answers/comments, after you go into one of the categories, look at the "update" date. If it is today's date then you know there is or has been chatter. If it is yesterday's date/time, then it was last chatted about yesterday and possibly you have already seen it. I hope this makes sense. . .and welcome, this is a very friendly group and very very helpful with questions and just plain chatting.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 am

Welcome Cozy! If you need any help, please feel free the click on the envelope, and send a private message! I'd be glad to help you, as will anyone else here.

Don't worry about the craziness around here sometimes, it's just letting loose~

We would love to hear about you, and how you started quilting!

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”