Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

marking a quilt

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
crispj

marking a quilt

Post by crispj » Thu May 24, 2007 6:56 am

Does anyone have ideas on the best way to mark a quilt for machine quilting? I have Pounch and a marking pen that has marks that disapear after a while.The pen will not show up on some of the colors and I am thinking the pounce won't either. The colors in the quilt range from yellow to dark blue. This is a lap size so I think I want to tackle quilting this one myself.
I bought a template that I am going to use.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tiggersmom

Re: marking a quilt

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu May 24, 2007 10:52 am

try one of the white markers/charlk pencils for the dark fabric.

one of the blue for the light colors.

ipquilter

Re: marking a quilt

Post by ipquilter » Fri May 25, 2007 2:24 am

I use Crayola washable markers on my quilts. They come in a variety of colors and stay put until you wash them out. I've never had any trouble getting the marks out in the washing machine. ( I wash all my quilts before I send them to their new homes.) A lady once told me her blonde granddaughter uses them on her hair!

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”