Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

need a little help!

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
amnadeau54

need a little help!

Post by amnadeau54 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:44 pm

when i was reading elaeanors book she did not make any mention about squaring off her blocks, is this a givin' in every thing you do all the time you make a quilt, as i have not done too many and i want to be perfect at all there is to do at it.thanks.

Evie

Re: need a little help!

Post by Evie » Fri May 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Here are several instructional videos. I think one of them might help you.

www.brightcove.com/search.jsp?query=qui ... stVideo=20

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:32 am

I usually square up my blocks once they are all made. First I measure all of them and the smallest of the blocks is what I square the rest up to.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon May 21, 2007 5:59 am

yes you should always square up your blocks I do each one as I finish then I don't have to worry about remembering to go back and do it. If you square as you go then you will catch any problem early on and be able to make the necessary correction otherwise you may get to the end and go what happened
don't forget to press often

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”