Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sewing machines

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
tankmaker

Sewing machines

Post by tankmaker » Tue May 15, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi! I was just wandering if anyone new anything about the Husqvarna Viking Quilt Designer II, I have just recently purchased one and am a little overwhelmed any advice would be greatly appreiciated

sewbug

Re: Sewing machines

Post by sewbug » Tue May 15, 2007 6:24 pm

I can't help you with the new machine but Congratulations! A new machine is always an exciting event. I'm sure you'll master the features in no time.

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 am

Hi Tankmaker....if you bought your Viking at a Viking dealer you should get a free lesson or two. Most Viking dealers offer machine classes, embroidery classes, etc. I have a Designer I, and I'm still learning. If I didn't live 60 miles from my dealer I would be taking advantage of a lot more of their classes. I always need hands on teaching....for some reason the books always seem to leave out the one little thing I want to know.

Good Luck with your wonderful new machine.

tankmaker

Post by tankmaker » Sat May 19, 2007 4:39 am

Hi Grammy65.. I did buy it at a dealer,but like you I live pretty far away. Have you tried any free motion qulting? I haven't yet but sure would like to. I also would like to thank sewbug for the congratulations. I am going to taking a class on the 22nd hopefully it will help, I'll let you know, until then.....hope the fabric fairy keeps your stash full

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:17 am

Good morning. I know how hard it is to get to the classes. But do try to get to at least one on how to use the machine, which it looks like you are going to. I did quite a bit of free motion on 3 McKenna Ryan wall hangingS. As far a free motion quilting on a regular size quilt I don't do that. The best thing I absolutely love about my machine is the fact that the foot goes up automatically when you stop sewing. It's great for applique`. I bought the machine mostly for embroidery and that's what I was going to use it for. Thought I would sew on my Husqvarna Lily. Well, once I started sewing on my Designer I, I never went back to the Lily. I don't use it as an embroidery machine near as much as I should. I wish I could get to the shop for more classes, because I know I am not taking advantage of all the goodies on the machine. Have a ball with your machine...it's a GOOD ONE!!!!

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”