Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Anyone do paper piecing?

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
sewbug

Re: Anyone do paper piecing?

Post by sewbug » Sat May 12, 2007 9:06 am

Forgot to add that a fellow guild member swears by the Sketch Pad paper sold at General Dollar store. I can never remember to stop at this store so I haven't tried it yet.

Quiltcreator

Post by Quiltcreator » Sat May 12, 2007 9:52 am

If you have oversize patterns that you have to trace (too big for your printer) try using the tissue paper that they use in dr. offices to line the exam tables. That works great - tears off easily and you can see through it. (May shrink up if steam pressed, though). Just be prepared for some funny looks when you ask for it at your next dr. appt.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 12, 2007 10:29 am

Quiltcreator, I think it's pattern paper. My mother bought me some for clothing patterns a few years back. You can usually find in fabric catalogs that sell clothing patterns as well.
Lori 8-)

Eajosian

Post by Eajosian » Sat May 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes, I do paper piecing. I have a hard time matching seams so paper piecing is very easy for me. At least I know all the seams will match...Have only done wall hangings so far. Carol Doak has some beautiful books on paper piecing. her Cd`s are very helpful too...

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:49 am

Yes, i do paper peicing...It's accurate..

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”