Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Basket Blocks not coming out right

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
born2quilt

Basket Blocks not coming out right

Post by born2quilt » Fri May 04, 2007 1:49 pm

A friend and I are exchanging basket blocks. They are 12 inch blocks. I will sew my triangles together to make my basket, but when I sew the top piece with the handle appliqued on the solid color, to the basket, it keeps cutting off the tips of my triangles. I have gone over the directions several times, and still don't see what I am doing wrong. I don't usually have this much trouble, but seem to have a problem with basket blocks. Any help will be appreciated.... Thank you..

Ramona

Re: Basket Blocks not coming out right

Post by Ramona » Fri May 04, 2007 4:10 pm

are you squaring up every time you sew and press? I also find when sewing on the bias there is some distortion. The handle applique is also on the bias, and if not there will be some pulling. Good luck and hope that helps.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”