Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

half square triangles

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
patches4

half square triangles

Post by patches4 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:31 am

Need help please with half square triangles. Is there a universal formula to use to make these little guys?? Is there a helpful ruler to help?? I wanted to do something with 3 inch finished squares like a nine patch and place the triangles on the sides and just don't know if I saw this pattern on you tube or just made it up in my non mathematical mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and hugs,
TinaB
Patches4

MANY THANKS!! for some reason 7/8 was floating around in my head but did not know why. Have a great day.

rosebud3

Re: half square triangles

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Tina, cut your squares 7/8 in larger than your finished squares. Good luck with your HST blocks.

Mary/Rosebud

gershwin64

Re: half square triangles

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:46 pm

I think on Missouri Star Quilt Company is where they have the tutorial to cut a square and sew around it and through it or something, anyway you get 4 or 8 at a time.
Tina

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”