Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help with right positions while sewing

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
Ladyhawkluvs2quilt

Help with right positions while sewing

Post by Ladyhawkluvs2quilt » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 am

Hello, this section is called techniques, and I hope body mechanics falls in there..:)
I have noticed that after doing some quilt assembly, I am sore , my neck and back. I am new to this community. I got my first quilt in a day book in late 90's, it is pretty much how I learned.
Thanks for the help.

rosebud3

Re: Help with right positions while sewing

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Welcome Ladyhawk, what I found about "body mechanics" and quilting is good posture, frequent stretching, work at a comfortable height. Just like with typing, piano playing, or any activity where you are sitting it is best to follow the rules of straight back, both feet flat on the floor, shoulders and arms/hands at a right angle to your work, etc. Be sure to take breaks often to stretch out your muscles so they don't stiffen up on you.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”