Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Trying to make my quilt top bigger

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
sasardz

Trying to make my quilt top bigger

Post by sasardz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi. I really need some advice.I finished my quilt top and my daughter is now moving from an individual to a full size mattress. I am looking for ideas on what to add to make it bigger and that will blend in instead of having to rip off the borders to add more XOXO blocks. The quilt top current size is 49x67 and the mattress is 54x75x9 . The XOXO blocks are 8.7x8.7 and my 3 borders 6.4 inches total.This is based on a Hugs and Kisses pattern. Thank you. Sandra.

gershwin64

Re: Trying to make my quilt top bigger

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:44 am

I would add more X's and O's blocks after your borders on the sides and bottom, I think it would look great that way! You did a great job, love it!
Tina
Last edited by gershwin64 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasardz

Re: Trying to make my quilt top bigger

Post by sasardz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Thank you. I appreciate your comment.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”