Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Nouveau Wedding Ring

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
Rossvrs

Nouveau Wedding Ring

Post by Rossvrs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Help! I purchased the book, templates and some interfacing (not marked). I followed the directions and when I cut the interfacing as instructed, i placed it on the arc and sewed 1/4 inch and turned the arc. Arc is now 3/4" wide from the 3x10 strip. I then marked the 4 corners of the 13 inch block and placed the arc--it's not long enough and doesn't reach the marked corners but the center line is in place. What did I do wrong? The only thing I can think of is that I should not have sewn the interfacing 1/4 inch but the book didn't state so I assumed. Any suggestions? I'm glad I only cut a set of 6 strips! On EB's YouTube video, she used the marked interfacing which I did not use.

auntjana

Re: Nouveau Wedding Ring

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Is this El's book?

First idea, it will be time consuming - is to draw each of the wedges on the interfacing - making it marked. Do one first to see if it is the right size.

I would go back and recheck the instructions very well, the exact dimensions could be hidden in some obscure place. Also try treating it like paper piecing, carefully sewing and adding the seam allowance for each wedge.

Jana

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”