Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Swirling Stars block....

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
retiredinaz

Swirling Stars block....

Post by retiredinaz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 am

I made 15 swirling star blocks using the pattern and the template that came with the pattern. They came out perfect!

However, my question is...how big are the blocks supposed to be? I watched the Youtube video (again) but I didn't hear what the size of the block is. Mine need a little trimming and I don't want to mess them up after all that work.

Colleen

rosebud3

Re: Swirling Stars block....

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Colleen,which swirling star block is it?

Rosebud

auntjana

Re: Swirling Stars block....

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Look and see the average size and then check for 1/4 seam allowances. Make sure that if you trim the blocks that you always have that seam allowance, so you have crisp sharp points on your stars.

By making sure on the seam allowance, you can then make all the blocks a common size to them.

Good luck
Jana

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”