Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Prize Winning Seams

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
QuiltGal24

Prize Winning Seams

Post by QuiltGal24 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:26 pm

instead of pressing your seams to one side, press them open. your blocks will lay flatter and there will be less bulk when it comes to quilting your quilt top.

larynx
Site Admin

Re: Prize Winning Seams

Post by larynx » Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 am

When I am doing my 6" LUB or FW blocks I almost always press my seams open...and a lot of the times on the 12", too..although I have found that sometimes...like pinwheels, for example..butting up the seams when you can then swirl them ...it is better to butt them...I am more apt in most cases just to press them open...I learned and have done it that way most of my life...:)...Sonya

Pilot2b

Re: Prize Winning Seams

Post by Pilot2b » Fri May 15, 2015 7:40 am

Not sure where I heard about this technique, but I am doing it with my quilts. Find it so much neater.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”