Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Puffy quilt

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
morgans4

Puffy quilt

Post by morgans4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:52 am

I'd love to make one of those beautiful puffy squares quilt for my baby granddaughter, but I can't figure it out. When I saw this cathedral window tutorial by Shelly it reminded me of it. I know it starts out by making pleats all around, but how do you fill it, what with, what sizes of front and backs... has anyone here ever made one of these? Can you help me out? Please?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
joanne

FlorenceM

Re: Puffy quilt

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 pm

I made one years ago without a pattern. If you are going to use a backing, you can leave raw edges out because the edges will be turned in when you put the squares together. I used regular stuffing...Boy is the quilt HEAVY when I wash it. If I were to try one again I would cut up pantyhose to stuff with. Message me if you need yo contact me direct.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”