Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Transfers

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
stillgroovin55

Transfers

Post by stillgroovin55 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:48 am

How can I make a iron-on stencil transfer ?

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Transfers

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 am

not sure what you're asking..... do you want to take a stencil and make it into a iron on thing for a t-shirt or are you trying to get the stencil pattern to transfer onto your fabric?

JoAnns sells pencils that you can use to draw or trace your pattern onto paper then iron it onto whatever you want the pattern to go onto.. check to see if they wash out or not.

to transfer a stencil onto fabric use either a pencil to follow inside the lines of the pattern or a pounce pad full of chalk...

hope that this helps.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

stillgroovin55

Post by stillgroovin55 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 am

Yes it is very helpful:). Thank you

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 am

I have used one of those pencils and they work good. Just keep the pencil sharp, as the lines you are drawing might get wider (thicker)than you want. The pencil I was using was pretty soft.

Sue

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:43 am

Not sure of the question! Are we referring to a stencil to be traced then ironed on? or Iron on, on fabric? or Computer style onto fabric? Need more details, to help you further.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”