Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Accuquilt Go Applique

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
Nadine2007

Accuquilt Go Applique

Post by Nadine2007 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi I just have a question about the accuquilt go cutting system I just bought one and cut out some teddy bears with bow ties and was just wondering the best way to applique them to the quilt block after ironing them on with the iron on fusible web. Do most people machine applique with the blanket stitch?

MainelyMe

Re: Accuquilt Go Applique

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

I use either the blanket stitch ot the blind hem stitch depending on how much of the thread you want to see. I usually shorten up the length and width of the stitches. It helps to try it out on a sample to get it the way you like it.
Happy sewing!

kho

Post by kho » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Those ties and ears for the bears are so tiny, aren't they? I have been using the applique stitch on my machine, and i think for the bear, I almost would do the the small pieces by hand.
Is that the one with the duck??

Hope to see you in Springfield with us this year..hugs, Nadine, from Sandy, in northern Illinois

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Sandy, Yes it's the little teddy bears we only made the bow tie's not all of the other tiny item's. It is the die with the duck.

Mainely Me
The sample is a good idea. I never even though about making the stitches smaller. I'll try it. thanks for the help

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”