Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Babylock stalling on seams

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
ollie1shoe

Babylock stalling on seams

Post by ollie1shoe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 am

Had my babylock espire serviced a couple months. Ago ever since when it goes over a thicker seam it stalls and I have to give it a little help for it to cross it it just doesn't feed it thru good is there anything I can do that might help this problem? I don't want to take it back to this person for service because I am unhappy with his work I took 2 machines for his service and I already took other one back cause itwouldnt sew at all it was like the feed dog was dropped any way long story short. I don't plan on using this shop again and it was a authorized babylock dealer new to this area

rikster

Re: Babylock stalling on seams

Post by rikster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:15 am

Here is something to check on your machine.
Go to the Machine Setting Mode(Top left hand button on LCD Screen)
Go to Page 2 of the menu.
Find the Automatic Fabric Sensor System. Make sure this is set to ON. By default the setting if OFF.

If it is on, then the A.F.S.S. needs to be reset. A static shock from your hand can get this out of sinc. It is a very easy fix for any qualified Babylock tech and should be done at no charge.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm

rick i sent you a message back thanks

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 pm

i took it for service i saw on the hook it had a big old burr thats why i decided maybe it had jumped time or something that caused it to quit sewing all together

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”