Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help with an Octagon Block

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
JymmyDean

Help with an Octagon Block

Post by JymmyDean » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 am

I am trying to make a quilt that consists of Octagon Blocks. I want to know if anyone has a pattern for this or how to create a pattern where all the sides are the same. Each square block is 12" X 12". If someone has a pattern please share....

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Help with an Octagon Block

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 am

have you tried the web site "quilters cache" they have scads of quilt blocks in so many sizes...

good luck.

Psalm 91

JymmyDean

Post by JymmyDean » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:54 am

No I haven't but I will and hopefully it will help.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:36 am

A quild member showed me a magical, unique way of doing hexagons, seen a tutorial out there. Noticed the stores had a special ruler for this new method.

Basically, put take hexa split in half, sew the rows tog of half, then connect two half rows.. A seam in center of hexa, but no major points to match dilemma, does it make sense? I just read somewhere, not sure who it all goes..

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”