Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Whats wrong?

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
sanderson

Whats wrong?

Post by sanderson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Just finished my first dressdan plate as seen in the egg money quilts video. it looks ok but the center hole is way smaller than the one in the video. What did I do wrong?

gmaann

Re: Whats wrong?

Post by gmaann » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Maybe a bigger seam allowance? But as long as the hole isn't bigger than the circle that covers it, you should be OK!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 am

All I can think is what Ann said - perhaps your seam allowance was more than 1/4"? But if your circle will cover it, then no worries!

sanderson

Post by sanderson » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks ladies, they look great, at least to me they do haha maybe a professional would beg to differ, I am making this for my Daughter, I'm sure she won't notice. Thanks again.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:13 pm

the main thing is to make sure it cover the end of your seams that all come together where the round circle covers them dont think it matters at all that its smaller

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”