Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Log Cabin Question

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
soccermomsews

Log Cabin Question

Post by soccermomsews » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi, I'm new, Very new to all of this. Bought the Log Cabin book as a starter project. Am looking at p.23, yardage amounts for a Square Queen Coverlet. There is an amount of fabric given for the 1st border but none given for 2nd border. Does the Coverlet only have 1 border? If so, how does that come to 89" using (6) 14" blocks + (2) 3" borders? Most of the quilts pictured in book have at least 2 borders. Am I over thiking this or is something missing?

xteacher

Re: Log Cabin Question

Post by xteacher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Okay, I'll try, since I don't have my book handy. I am assuming that is a 14" FINISHED block??? 14 x 6 = 84. 2 x 3= 6 minus 1/4" on each side for seams leaves 5

84 + 5 = 89

soccermomsews

Re: Log Cabin Question

Post by soccermomsews » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Hmm, OK, I'll give it a try. Was just afraid to go buy fabric and not get enough. Was kinda thinking only one border would look skimpy. It's the only one in the book with only one border. Guess I'm paranoid. lol

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”