Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Aurgh! Two blocks are too small

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
womster

Aurgh! Two blocks are too small

Post by womster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Oh my - I've procrastinated so long on making this chemo quilt for a friend, and now that I've started sewing the top together, two of the ladies removed a 1/4" (and sometimes more) all around the block! I had drawn it in so they could see how far they could go, but for some unknown reason, they decided to trim it off.

What now? I have 3/4 of the top put together. It's not possible to have them redo the blocks. I thought of basting them to a proper sized square, but even with that, you can still see where the short block is because it's not all getting caught in the seam allowance.

Oh, the humanity!! Thanks for whatever tips you might have.

-Sharona

auntjana

Re: Aurgh! Two blocks are too small

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 pm

if you have some more of the background, just add a strip to make the block the right size - it will show, but it is the love that the block was made with that counts the most!

Other than that I am stuck for ideas

Jana

womster

Re: Aurgh! Two blocks are too small

Post by womster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks, Jana. Of course I don't have enough of the background, but I think I can MacGyver something together.

I apprecite your help!

-Sharona

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”