Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Grand Rapids Quilt Show in Michigan

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
TheKid

Grand Rapids Quilt Show in Michigan

Post by TheKid » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 am

Is anyone going to this Grand Rapids Quilt show in Michigan in August?

Nadine2007

Re: Grand Rapids Quilt Show in Michigan

Post by Nadine2007 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 am

Doesn't look like anyone is going if you go you will have to take photos and tell us about it. I would love to go but it's too far!

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:32 am

This is so close to home, it would be a shame that I couldn't go.
So, It was a birthday gift from my husband to go and have a great
time. I have a full class schedule and many other events to go to as well. I am excited about it. We have been to Paducah, Ky, but I don't care to go again to that one. It is a great show, and all, but I just don't want to travel that far. We took a class from El when we were there several years ago. It was alot of fun, and I am so glad for that experience. I'll try to get some pictures, but I'm not
sure pictures can be taken every where. Have a good "HOT" summer.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I know you will have fun, the days go so fast when I'm in classes. I am going to El's Induction in Indiana and I am taking 3 classes while I am there. I always look forward to the classes. I will try to take some pictures to post for everyone I hope I am able to get some good photo's.

I do things by myself all of the time I have learned that if I don't I won't get to do much. I have been so blessed by going so many places and meeting new people.

What are the date's of the Grand Rapids show?

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

It is August 24-26. It is about 2 and a half hours from our home, but I will plan to stay the time at the amway Plaza Hotel, and the show is at the Devos Convention center. It is all connected with
walk ways, and such. I don't think we can take pictures very many places, so we will see. sue

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm

It's always nice when the buildings are adjoining that way you are close to everything. Have a wonderful time!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 am

Sorry I didn't see this sooner...I will be there Thurs all day. We are not taking classes but just enjoying the show for 1 dsy. I am a couple of hours away in SE Michigan.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”