Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

flying geese methods

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
FlorenceM

Re: flying geese methods

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:31 am

Try her book, Bear Paw Ranch. I believe I saw it there.

karher

Post by karher » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 am

Help please--I love Eleanor's method for flying geese but need to make some that are finished size 2 1/2" by 4" and don't know what size to cut the two squares--I can't find the answer anywhere and I have several of Eleanor's books--does anyone know what dimensions I should cut the 2 blocks?
Karen

Becca3

Post by Becca3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 am

Good morning. I'm new to this community so please bear with me. I need to make flying geese a different size than Eleanor's rulers . I've seen this question posted, but haven't been able to locate the answers. The pattern I'm using calls for 3" square & 3x5 1/2" rectangle. Thanks for the help.

Kalou

Post by Kalou » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi. I am new to this forum and fairly new to quilting. I am making a quilt where you join snowball blocks together. I was wondering which way to iron the seams when you are joining them together. Any help would be great. Thanks karen

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:26 am

KALOU, when I am joining snowball blocks, I iron the seams of the little corners in the opposite directions of the one adjacent to it so the seams "nest" and create less bulk.

granniefrannie

Post by granniefrannie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Eleanor,
Would you do a video demonstration on the newest "Calling All Geese"
Tool. I seem to need a visual lesson. Please, please.
Thanking you in advance.

granniefrannie
nhgrannie@yahoo.com

GramKrKr

Post by GramKrKr » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am

I purchased the Calling All Geese ruler and there were no instructions included. Is there a video available relating to this ruler?

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 am

If you need any instructions for QIAD rulers look at the very top of the page for "Free Patterns". On that page there is a green box near the top right side for ruler instructions.

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”