Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Double Wedding Ring Tablerunner -- Help Needed

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
mjheck

Double Wedding Ring Tablerunner -- Help Needed

Post by mjheck » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I have just bought the book Egg Money Quilts and am making the Double Wedding Ring Tablerunner. I have sewn together all 20 arcs and cut out the fusible to sew onto them. However the fusible piece is not as long as the sewn fabric arcs. In the pictures in the book, the fusible piece is as long as the arc. Have I done something wrong? I very carefully traced the templates and verified that the cut out pieces were the correct size and I have double-checked seam allowance.
There is about 1/2"-3/4" extending on each end of the arc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Maureen

Nadine2007

Re: Double Wedding Ring Tablerunner -- Help Needed

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:30 pm

I haven't made that table runner yet I always call customer service if I need help. Could you cut the extra off and will all of the wedding rings look alike if you do? I don't know why they would come out bigger than the pattern. Sorry I'm not much help. Do you have the egg money dvd?

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 am

i was trying to look in my egg money quilts book, i did see one place that said that it might be a bit longer and hang over the edge of your block, but didn't see where they addressed the the fact that pieces may be longer then the fusible. i think i would also call customer service , they can most always help.
Barbara

fitzie63

Post by fitzie63 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:29 am

HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM (posted on the FB site yesterday): REALLY STRUGGLING with the Double Wedding Ring PLACEMENT of the arcs from the Egg Money Quilts book (table runner). I had photos heat-pressed to the centers of the 12.5 inch blocks. Used the pre-printed interfacing sheets I bought from you and carefully measured everything. I assembled two of the blocks and the placement was horrible so I carefully unstitched everything. Of course, I already had the triangle corners stitched and had to remove those too. Now, back to the "square one". Edge-to-edge measurements both directions are exactly 12.5 inches. Following the book directions, the ARCS still do NOT line up where they should meet at the centers of the triangles. PLEASE HELP...I'm ready to scream and cry at the same time :(. This Wall-hanging is very important (gift) for two special people.

2crafty

Post by 2crafty » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:54 pm

I just received my Egg Money Quilts book, I am anxious to get started on a queen size DWR quilt for my daughter's wedding next year. Does anyone know what the yardage requirements are? They are not listed in the book, and I did not want to if I can help it invest in the Quiltsmart book for yardage requirements. Thanks

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 am

2crafty, after I get home from work today I will check my books for the yardage requirements. There's not enough time before leaving for work this morning.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”