Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Baby Quilts

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Hummingbird

Re: Baby Quilts

Post by Hummingbird » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Oh - this is a cute quilt! Thank you!

Do you have any of the QIAD books? Eleanor shows how to bind and it's a good method. Otherwise, try this one.

http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Bind ... ctions.pdf

It's not so hard once you do it. I attach my bindings to the front of the quilt and then hand sew the back. But that's just one option.

Nancy

tcbeginner

Post by tcbeginner » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Nancy,

Thank you for the link...I'm just scared I will mess up what I've put so much time into doing.

I have one QIAD book (more on order). :-) Not sure this book shows it...maybe it does.

How did you get your link to link? Not a quilting question, but still a concern for me. THANKS!

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:01 pm

You're welcome!

When you are typing a reply in the box, right above that box is a tab that says "Insert Link Code". Click on that and you will get a popup where you can paste the link that you want to post. Do a copy of your link and paste it in the box. Then click "ok" and it will insert it into your reply. When you post your reply you will have a working link. You can still add more text before and after your link.

Binding is not so hard, just start with a little project and go from there. I think I did a table runner first. One thing that I prefer is to trim my backing and batting down to size before I attach the binding. I know some do it after attaching the binding but I cut my mitered corners off by accident doing that so now I trim first, lol! You'll figure out what works best for you with practice.

Just have fun with the binding because after it's done - so are you!

Nancy

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:22 am

Here's some videos at youtube.com

I had put in quilt + binding for the search and here's the list. Make sure you have plenty of time because there's a lot of them. Don't you just love you tube!

http://youtube.com/results?search_query ... rch=Search

Spudgrandma

Post by Spudgrandma » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:50 am

Thank you all for the links to the videos and instructions for binding. I do fine until I get the the connecting the two together at the end and usually rip it our several times before I get it right. Maybe one of these will make it easier for me.

Thanks all!!!!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”