Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat. Dec. 29th Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Sat. Dec. 29th Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 am

Angels, tonight is the last Sew-In for 2007! Next Friday night will be our very first Sew-In for 2008! Let's say good-bye to 2007 with what we do best, besides quilting, of course, and that is to laugh and joke and have fun with each other and celebrate our friendships! 2007 was a year of many ups and downs, and we got thru it all with our love and support for each other. Let's not think of this as the end of anything, let's think of it as only the beginning of a New Year together, and whatever the New Year brings...we'll go thru it together.

Today I'm working on my flannel quilt and hopefully can post pics tonight that I couldn't last night. I'm going to cut out the next flannel quilt to work on tonight, too. I'll see ya'll about 6:00 or 6:30 p.m.....in my jammies, with the new hot chocolate I found and love, and snacks all lined up, ready to sew if I want and definitely to chat and laugh and enjoy ya'll! Can't wait, see ya'll tonight! Oh boy, let the good times roll!!!! Whoooeee.........

maryq

Re: Sat. Dec. 29th Sew-In !

Post by maryq » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:58 am

HI Gals

I'm working like a mad woman today getting all my cleaning done so I can play tonite! Got the tree down, and decor put away, and starting the HUGE pile of laundry. Might have to sneak in a nap this afternoon so I can be ready to stay up late and sew and chat. Kind of wish my computer was next to my sewing machine so I could do both at the same time. Have a few pair of mittens to sew, but they take no time at all, then I'm going to work on Sara's quilt.

We're having our company Christmas party on Jan 13th and for Secret Santa I drew my bosses name! So I think I'm going to make her a table runner, but can't decide if I should make it a Christmas one or an "all purpose" one... Though I suppose I could make it reversible.. oh wait that's too much work!!!

Well better get back to chores so I can play tonite!!

marymargaret

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:06 am

*smile*

I would not want to miss this last of 2007 sew-in.
It is only 10 am here, sunny outside, I'm still in my jammies, Jeff is doing laundry and the fire place is on.

I hope to drag my butt with lap top to my quilt room. I want to watch the rest of Bears in the Woods, and nee to overhaul my Juki.
Jeff lowered one of the tables, so with two tables I can do the pinning.

Hey MaryQ, I have THE cutest little calendar hanging on my fridge.

***T***

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:22 am

Looking forward to it.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:51 am

Hope to see all of you here later. Trying to figure out WHAT I want to work on.

HUGS

PS. Very well said GP. I agree!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:15 am

Well, I got up at 3:30 this morning, I thought the clock said 5:30.... who says I need new glasses? The plan was to clean up around here... but I sat in my recliner and just woke up... It is 11:30 and I haven't done a darn thing.... After I check out the rest of this site I am going to clean the kitchen, start the laundry and then sit my butt down here and look through my patterns.... I have a 40% off sale monday at my LQS... brag brag.... and I need to prepare for it.

See you all tonight
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:07 am

Just got home from taking my car in to get the oil changed with DH. We dropped off the car, went to breakfast and then to Staples and I got a new office chair for my sewing room! It is so comfy and DH is putting it together right now so tonight I will be set for our final sew-in for 2007!! I have comfy jammies, snacks and steamy drinks and tons of projects just calling my name. I just have to figure out which ones to work on.................that could take some time. LOL
Chat more later, want to get some of my extras done so I don't have to stop at all tonight.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:36 am

Oh cool! I have my Turning Twenty cut out and have started the blocks. Better go rotate the laundry and get a couple of chores done so hopefully I can be in here! I'm hoping DH wants to watch football! Now where did I put that chocolate........

biancatom

Post by biancatom » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:30 am

I had a little jump start. i just finished a top I was working on all through december. You can see it on my blog.
http://biancasattic.blogspot.com/'>http ... gspot.com/

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:37 am

I'll be joining in later, too. I'm going to start a pink & white Split Nine Patch quilt, using scraps. Wish me luck!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”