Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat. Dec. 29th Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Re: Sat. Dec. 29th Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 am

Good morning, angels! First off, Leetec, of course you were missed! And Kay, oh you absolutely did NOT say anything foolish...but you sure did put up with a lot of OUR FOOLISHNESS!! LOL! What a good sport you are! Well, I went out this a.m. to check my "hillybilly RV" and it was just fine, leaning a bit to the left and one tire a little low on air, but none the worse for the joyriding it went on last night! LOL!

You know, sometimes we may feel we're not getting much sewing done or accomplishing things and just gabbing, but the truth is....we're being girls, letting our hair down to enjoy the comraderie we have with each other, playing, and doing those things is as important as anything else in our lives. Being silly, laughing, teasing each other, bonding, etc....helps us in many other areas of our lives. I think it's called taking time to smell the roses. If that's so, then we sure played hard in the rose garden last night! ROFLOL!!! Thanks, I enjoyed being with ya'll and all the laughing at those goofy pics and joking we did. I said this almost a year ago on this forum...we are all just little girls at heart, and danged if I wasn't right! ROFLOL!!!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:03 am

Good Morning Ladies ~ What fun we had last night! I am amazed that I was able to get any sewing done at all. My sides hurt from laughing so much!! I did get up early enough to clear out my spare room to keep GP's stash in when she and Kay get tossed into the pokey. I have also told my little Miss Molly that she may need to share her dog house with Miss Daisy too. Better go for now, have formals to finish and charms to package, check back later. I am off thru Tuesday and plan to be in my sewing room the entire time. Yippee!!
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Redtop

Post by Redtop » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:39 am

Seems like I never can join the sew in , but I enjoy reading it the day after. You girls outdid yourselves last night.

Hey, your hillbilly pictures remind me of some of my neighbors. I'm born and raised HILLBILLY and not ashamed to admit it.

Maybe I'll get to join you city dudes next week.

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:40 am

Hey Y'all! Home from church and lunch with the kids, just seeing who is around and playing today! LOL! Last night was SO much fun! Glad to see everybody!

And no - I did NOT wear the closet princess outfit to church! LOL

Maybe the stockings to the troops next year should include Peach and Kay's calendar!! Wooo HOOO! hee hee hee

Pastor's sermon was really good today - about taking an inventory of how we are doing in our faithwalks and spiritual growth - maybe I better try to clean up my act! lol

kho

Post by kho » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:22 am

I was reading a few lines-more like pages--however what caught my eye was pulling an outhouse---we did that in colorado at a round up-hooked the trailer with the portapotty on it and pulled it to the branding area---a cowboy has to do what a cowboy has to do...however I do need to explain I am not a hillbilly--the hillbillies live on the north side of the blacktop-- the hicks live on the south side--I'm a hick-who wears purple boas!!!Some things are best left unexplained......How do you put those things below your name???

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 am

Sandy - go to your profile and use your 'location' section to type in anything you want such as "Bubbles" lol and it will show up.

And sometimes on the other end of town we have "hilljacks" lol.

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 am

kho ~ I have been to several brandings and know exactly what you are talking about. That is probably the most important place there. To add that line below your name you need to click on the tab marked your account and at the bottom of the page it will say location, that is where you type your special remarks to add that name or info you want under your name.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

Return to “Projects from the Heart”