Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday Dec. 28th Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Friday Dec. 28th Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:56 am

It's only 4:53 p.m. here, but thought I'd date this Sew-In and get it ready for when everyone wants to join in. I'm going to take a hot bath (went to the chiropractor today and my back has been acting up) and I'll be coming to the Sew-In a little later on! I'm working on a flannel quilt and that's what I'll be doing tonight. See ya'll soon......... Hey, this will be the last Friday night Sew-In of 2007! LOL!

Littlebit

Re: Friday Dec. 28th Sew-In !

Post by Littlebit » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 am

I'll be going to my Dad's Birthday party (he is 73 today) I'll be back later tonight - have fun and behave yourselves!!! :)

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 am

*smile*

*HI* ya ladies.
I just got done with my shower, and am in fresh jammies that have sleeping puppies on it and it says "Share Your Dreams".

Jeff has lowered one of my tables, so I can start pinning his quilt.
For the first time I pieced a backing fabric from the quilt top left overs, and added 1 more fabric to it, to make it big enough. Can't wait to finnish it to be able to post a picture of it.

*Happy* Birth Day dear littlebit's Dad...*HUGS*..and many more.

GP, so sorry to hear about your back problems. I hope it'll heal soon. No twisting or bending for you for a while.

***Tulpje***

towens71

Post by towens71 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:24 am

I'll be cutting the pieces out for my NYE mystery quilt. My laptop is acting up, so I may not be able to e-join you, but I will in spirit!

Traci

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 am

Hi all... I'm still at work.... another 45 minutes to go. DH and I are going out for dinner and a movie (I am Legend), so I won't be on until later!

Happy quilting!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:59 am

GP I am so sorry your back is flared up again. That really hurts!!!! Maybe you should just totally relax and chat? Don't sit for too long.

Michelle, I am wishing your Dear Dad a Happy Birthday and hoping for a blessed, healthy year ahead.

Tul, your backing sounds fabulous! Cannot wait to see it. I have not pieced a backing yet, but will one day I hope.

Traci I hope your puter will behave itself so you can chat this evening. Darn puters sure act up from time to time.

Dear CindyB, enjoy dinner & movie with your Dear Hubby. Yall deserve it.

Will be back a little later. Got to decide what we are going to eat on tonight. LOL

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:04 pm

I am working on formals for my rainbow girls and then will be working on charm swaps and later tonight will be going out to dinner with DH and then a movie (we are going to see National Treasures 2). I am looking forward to sharing my evening with DH and all of you. I will be home about 9pm my time and will be back here then.
I spent most of this week trying to get my sewing room back in order after the holidays and am so excited to be able to sew tonight. See you after the movie and have fun.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Debi, that was one choice, but it started too early. We're going to see "I am Legend"... I'll give a review when I get home!

Please let us know how you liked Nat'l Treas. #2 - I also want to see that!

In case you all didn't know... I am into computers, and used to earn a living as a programmer, but I never had the guts to go for my dream job, working at Industrial Light and Magic, doing cool computer graphics! So, I go see movies whenever I get a chance, and check out how far the graphics have come!

QuiltinKay

Post by QuiltinKay » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Litlebut, please give you Dad a Happy Birthday and a big hug from the old one............Enjoy the party...........
..........Kay

QuiltinKay

Post by QuiltinKay » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Georgiapeach, I am not going to be sewing but I am going to sit back and moniter the fun..... and will look for a good pattern to start the next King.
Sorry you are having back problems, I can relate. I have had so many aches and pains that it's just a way of life.......no, it's really just and "age adjustment"
EVeyone have fun because next week I will sew circles around you all ......... not a threat, but a promise!! Happy Quiltin........

......Kay

Return to “Projects from the Heart”