Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday Dec. 28th Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
lifeisgrand

Re: Friday Dec. 28th Sew-In !

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Good Night, Ladies; Good Night Ladies!

I'm still going strong...I have only three more rows to sew together! WooHoo! I might just reach my goal tonight! This queen size quilt top should be done before too long! BBL~Marcia

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Hello ladies, I am back!!! The movie was great, I really liked it and plan to buy it when it comes out on disc.

I just have to laugh, I leave and the count on this thread is at 30 posts and now we are well over 300 and our sweet Georgia Peach is now Queen "B"???? It took a while to get thru all the posts but it was such fun. I laughed so hard I was crying and of course DH just came to the door and asked if I was chatting with my quilting sisters and when I shook my head yes..........he smiled and went back downstairs.

I have missed being here tonight but really enjoyed dinner and a movie with DH. It has been a very tense holiday for us, dear uncle has been in the hospital for over a week with several blood clots in both lungs, very touch and go. I can't wait until tomorrow night, I will be here to chat and sew to my hearts content!! What a lucky bunch of El's Angels we are!!!

It is 10:45 here, very cold and so quiet. DH has gone to bed, DD is still out with friends and my stitching pal, my rat terrier, Molly is asleep on a pillow under my sewing table. Sweet dreams to all who leave us for the land of slumber. Need to go downstairs to get a steaming cup of coffee and will be right back.

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:55 pm

Hey, Stitch in Time! Are we the only bums still up??? It is 12:50 AM here in Iowa. I am thinking after I stitch my last row on my quilt top and give it its final pressing...I'm gonna be snoozin'. I have to be to my Jazzercise class that begins at 7:30 AM, but I have a twenty minute drive to the gym. Fortunately Saturday morning Jazz. classes are NOT a beauty contest! We've made a pact: NO makeup and NO prissy hair do! "Bed Heads" are entirely acceptable!!!! LOL

Will check back before I shut off the lights!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:16 pm

lifeisgrand ~ we just may be the final two. I just got my coffee and made myself some toast. It is about 11:15 here, not too late but I may call it a night also in a little bit. What part of Iowa are you from? I have family in the Story City area and try to spend a week or so there during the summer. I hope to be able to get back there next summer but not sure if it will work out yet.
Happy stitching!!
Debi

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:26 pm

TA-DA! My queen size quilt top is done. It is a scrappy 9 Patch with a HST in between the nine patches. The HST block's main colors are cream and burgandy. It really has a striking diagonal design that "POPS" out when you first glance at the top.

How cool, Debi! Story City is only 50 miles south of me! That would be awesome if you gave me a call when you are visiting this summer! I would LOVE to meet you (and any other QIAD forum friends)! Keep our visit in mind when you are back in Iowa!

Well, Girl, it is 1:30 AM and I think I am ready to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZs!
Sleep tight and pleasant dreams! ~Marcia

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Marcia ~
I am so jazzed to know you are that close to my family. I hope to be able to work a visit in and will absolutally keep you posted. Congrats on finishing your queen size quilt top.

I just finished my toast and my coffee is about gone so I am off to a cozy warm sleep. Sweet Dreams...................
Debi

SusieQ51

Post by SusieQ51 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:35 am

I know that I am a day late (as usual) but I did a search on "Currywurst" tha GP was talking about. I found afew recipes on line. It sounds almost like it is a spicy barbeque cocktail weiner mixture. Hopefully, today I can get started on the sewing that I haven't been able to do for several months.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”