Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday Dec 16th sew-in?

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
MAWmum

Sunday Dec 16th sew-in?

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:28 pm

Are we chatting oops I mean sewing tonight?

Tulpje

Re: Sunday Dec 16th sew-in?

Post by Tulpje » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:43 pm

*smile*

Hi ladies. I'll be popping in here off and on during the night.

DH and I have been gone since yesterday to an office party. We stayed at a beautifull resort and were able to relax and just have some fun.

As soon we got there I went to their salon and had my hair done. Then DH took a bi of a nap while I romaed around a bit. The party was great and the food was good. DH works for an international company which is based in Africa <grin> So guess what? I have been able to get my fill to speak my home language. There were ppl from Scandinavia, China, South America, Holland, France,and Africa.

This morning we ordered an elaborate breakfast through room service. Ou room had a balcony that looked out over the pool and Spa complaex. Everything was so serene there, soothing and calming.

I had arranged for my son and his GF to stay at our home to pet sit. They prepared our whole home to be ready to set up for Christmas. When we came home, I knew and it was understood that DH had to work. So the rest of us started to get ALL our Christmas decoration down from the 'attick'. DS and GF went out to get batteries, food and A Christmas tree. They just got home. My dinner is a giant strawberry milkshake.

So I'll be back later.

***Tulpje***

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Oh, Tulpje/Susanna - I am SO GLAD you had a nice time at the party. Hope the decorating is going well.

Your buddy,
Ann

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Susanna sounds like so much fun I am glad you could go and talk to people. I am sure you miss it.

Ann I have been working on the frog quilt all afternoon and the fabric you sent is so wonderful in it. Thanks again!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:15 pm

You are very welcome MAWmum!! I'm glad someone else could use the frog fabric. When I figure out how to post photos on here, I'll put on one of the frog quilt I made!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:19 pm

I would love to see it! :o)

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Tulpje!! So glad you had a wonderful and well-deserved R & R. Hope you are feeling very much better, too.

Really a Christmas weekend with the family pitching in with decorations, etc.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:37 pm

Teacup how are you? How is the weather where you are?

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:40 pm

The family wants my attandance at dinner. Be back soon.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 pm

*smile*

Thanks for the ni ce responses. We're having nice family time right ow. The Christmas decorations are well underway. DS brought home an 8' tree, he and his GF are decorating it as we speak. Our deco has not been out for quite a few years. I have dated ornaments from when the boys were in elementary school. 1 Table has been pulled out to set up our winterwonderland, which we started some 20 years ago with hand painted houses and little people. It sure brings backsome memmories. All very joyfull.

I will post some pictures of it all when I get up to it.

:)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”