Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Reason for a quilt

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
justdawne

Reason for a quilt

Post by justdawne » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:51 pm

Just sharing a link to an article detailing a horrible house fire tragedy in PA.

I'm still working on the quilt for the fire up here in the Martimes. Thought someone else may feel impressed to coordinate an outreach.

dawne

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22274094/'> ... /22274094/

Bonnielass

Re: Reason for a quilt

Post by Bonnielass » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 am

Good grief, how sad. I did see this briefly in the local paper. I have another situation on my mind & heart as well. There was a picture in our local paper of a man holding triplets who were born premature..and the new mom died just after the birth. The babies are small and still have oxygen tubes in their little noses..

Debby

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:53 am

That is very sad. Both of these posts are. Just last week when we had ice, in our neighborhood a home burned but the family got out safely. DH & was coming back from the store and we saw the smoke and Lo & Behold it was in our area. It was awful.

Bonnielass

Post by Bonnielass » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:28 am

I looked up the story again that I have and I'm going to save it for future giving. The triplet boys were born Nov 29th and the mom died 3 days later. Their story was featured on our Channel 4 (didn't see it). There has already been an out-pouring of calls, gifts, and support for Dad & babies, who are still in the hospital. The Dad is Edward Andrue Smith - babies - Legend Aiden, Tristian Lynn, and Jaisyn Cleto. The mom's name is Debra Lynn. A local church is taking in gifts and donations:

Victory Assembly of God Church
2561 W Ruthrauff Road
Tucson, AZ 85705-1853

Just in case anybody wanted the information. This is going to be a long-standing situation for the Dad. So for now I saved the info, because it would be nice for him to receive thoughtful acts of kindness for some time...

Debby

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:50 am

Oh gosh these are both so sad. Prayers for all involved.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 am

Debby I think its a good idea to hang on to this and do something a little down the road everyone right now is focused on it but when the news switches to other stories they will soon be forgotten and they will need help later.
Carin/MAWmum

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:21 am

There are so many sorrows in this world, it makes me so sad. I want to be part of these projects when they get started.

Bonnielass

Post by Bonnielass » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Carin, I agree with you 100% and that's what I was thinking. The church says they were excitedly overwhelmed with calls and donations of all kinds have come in for this Dad & three boys. But the calls have already begun to fall off, and the boys are still in the hospital with their Dad by their side. I cut the article out and have put it with my sewing/quilt info. I'm trying to get a few projects done for Christmas and one has to make it to Florida. But I will definitely NOT forget about these four. I don't know if he has help or not once the boys go home..

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:19 pm

Maybe keep watch for when the babies can come home. Probably at that time there will be more in the media, therefore more help will come to him. So, we might try to put something together for a few months after they are home--then is when the real reality will set in for this poor father. Just a suggestion. Keep the Angels posted, as I see what you're suggesting, I will help. Are there any other children in this family? carol/kittyquilt

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Bonnielass have you heard anything else about this family?

Return to “Projects from the Heart”