Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Is There a Saturday Sew-In This Weekend?

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Spudgrandma

Re: Is There a Saturday Sew-In This Weekend?

Post by Spudgrandma » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:49 am

So when does this usually start? I am in the Mountain time zone so 7 PM for me is 9 PM for you ladies in the east. I would like to get on and at least lurk (if that is okay) to see what this is all about.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:24 am

Feel free to lurk, SG, if you like. I'll bet you start chatting with us before long, though. It's hard to resist! :)

I have to teenage girls in my house tonight for DD's 19th birthday. Both of them are band geeks so right now DD is playing her clarinet (she is first chair this year) and her BFF is playing her trumpet. At least I know where they are!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:27 am

EVERYONE is welcome to join in - post or lurk!

Lee - Bandos are the best! It may be noisy, but it's a whole lot of fun!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:55 am

Spudgrandma, so glad you'll be joining us! How it works...well, get on your jammies, get some snacks and hot chocolate, etc... get comfy and we gab a whole lot, laugh and joke and tease each other, talk about whatever we want and some of us even manage to get a little sewing done, too! LOL! It's really a lot of fun because posts start flying fast-n-furious and it's hard to keep up! You can sew for 15 min. and come back and have to read 2 pages of posts to catch up! LOL! I usually don't get much sewing done on Friday nights, but hearing about other's projects and seeing their pics motivates me and gets me going, so on Saturday nights I actually do get a lot accompished.

Would it be simpler for everyone if I started a Topic Post for tonight's Sew-In with the day and date on it? Someone suggested that before the very first one and that way if there was a pattern or picture posted on it we wanted to see later on, then we could look up the Sew-Ins by date. What do ya'll think?

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am

*smile*

I have great memories from the times that our kids where playing in the school bands. Especially around the Holidays, where they brough their friends home for practise.
Those are happy noises for sure.

**Tulpje***

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:58 am

*smile*

*Hi* GP. Either way is fine with me.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm

GP, I like the day and date idea!

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:34 pm

I've been very blessed that no matter what headaches they give me, my kids have been invloved in things that were positive: church, scouts, band and chorus. They've had good friends that didn't cause trouble or do things abnormally dangerous. I'm very thankful.
I too think that Bandos are great! My DD plays clarinet and trumpet.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi Lee, DS#1 played trumpet, #2 played cello and then the viola, #3 played berry sax and in the drum line, #4 clarinet, and DD played also clarinet.

I'm not done with chores yet. So I'll be popping in n out here.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Leetec, I used to play the flute and piccolo in the Jr. High band. And may I add.....NOT WELL!!! ROFLOL!!!! Wish your DD happy birthday for me and I hope the kids all have lots of fun tonight!

gmaan, hi! I think I'll go start another post with a day and date on it now, if you see anyone looking for it, help direct them, if you don't mind! See ya'll in a bit!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”