Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What does this forum mean to you???

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Sew-dreamer

Re: What does this forum mean to you???

Post by Sew-dreamer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:30 am

I discovered this forum in October after I broke my wrist and was restricted from doing almost anything for 3 weeks. The posts helped me through what threatened to become a depression and helped put my situation in its proper perspective. I really love the sense of community that we share here.
Mary

stormy

Post by stormy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:59 am

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. Sometimes I question why I'm so addicted to this forum and now I know why. It's for all the reasons each of you have expressed. As my DH's socializing issues become worse, we have become pretty isolated. Since February, I get up each morning and have coffee with my circle of friends. Thank you all for being there each day.

kho

Post by kho » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:01 am

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Essential Tremors. My body shakes. Mostly it's my head, but other times it's everywhere. Having a head that shakes "No" is bad enough, and even when it may not be visibile I feel the insides shaking. Throw in my motion sickness and it can be very interesting to say the least.Under stress and around a lot of strange folks, like shopping and such it can get worse or maybe I just notice it more.The Dr. said it will get worse over time, and meds won't help much. Most folks would be glad to where I am now. A hard thing to hear when you ride horses, especially ones that are trained to move from a bump.I think I went into a deep depression for quite awhile, and about the time I started to come out of it we found out about my dad and the cancer.Of course I was also blessed with our first grandchild about the same time. I was ready to sell the horses, but DH and sons said no. We even talked about a team and a wagon if need be. I lost interest in nearly everything. I could no long knit for any length of time, something I had done for years. I only went to church, and seldom left the house. I decided to start sewing again. I was determined that this problem wasn't going to run my life. I have found some very creative ways to thread a needle. I had been watching simply quilts, and El as much as possible. I ordered a few things, but it wsn't until late fall that for whatever reason the forum or community thing jumped out at me.It had to have been the Lord that led me to join. All of you welcomed me, and made me feel so welcome. When Paducah came up, oh my gosh, a chance to take a class with EL??Me in her class,(Pretty amazing) and I wanted to go so bad, but could I handle it?So I put it out there and I got back the sweetest pm and that was all it took. I don't feel like I'll have to sit in the way back row so others aren't bothered if the shakes get bad. I knw you will all accept me for who I am. My only concern about Paducah now is if I'm going to cry when I meet so many of you, or will I pee my pants from laughing so much. I love having a place to go to several times a day, to laugh and to help others and share so much. Thank you-all of you.
Sandy who is grabbing another kleenex.

Spudgrandma

Post by Spudgrandma » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:25 am

I really like this forum, there is so much information and so many caring people, what more could one ask for.

I am also thankful because I found a friend here who lives close to me. We plan to get together after the holidays. I do not know anyone who quilts and it will be wonderful to have someone to share with.

Thank you ladies and gents.

God Bless
Spudgrandma

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:43 am

This fabulous, comfy living/sewing room is the BEST place to bring your concerns, prayers, problems, tears and of course quilts!
It is great to have people encourage you to finish what you start and give you many different ideas on how to get it done.

My prayer to all is to have a Peaceful and Merry Christmas!!

Sharon V.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:29 am

KHO, I'm so glad you're going to Paduch to meet many of the wonderful people here! I'll be with you all in sprite, I assure you! Just remember to bring lots of tissues and some depends and you'll be all set!
GB...
Lee

happymrs

Post by happymrs » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:56 am

I love this forum too, although I tend to lurk here more than I chat, I try to add something when I have something to say, & I try to post pics of my finishes to share. It's nice hearing what everyone thinks of our accomplishments too. I love seeing what everyone else is doing too, & getting more ideas also.

I too, am home most days. Quit work 2.5 yrs ago & most days I love it. But I get lonely here too, so online seems to help me out alot. Been here 10 yrs now & have tried meeting & making more friends, but I guess it's harder as you get older, & everyone seems to have their own lives & not much time for friends. This forum seems to fill that void in alot of our lives, & I come here alot too, usually several times a day, to see what's going on. I hope to be posting more, don't know why I am so quiet most days, as I have no trouble talking to people in person, lol. But it's nice to know we are all friends here, & pretty much looking for the same things in life.

I'm not a fast quilter, nor do I have alot to invest in it, but it's nice to be here just the same. We can all use more friends, & it's nice to have a close, friendly place to come to, & feel safe, talking here.

I must mention, shortly after I first joined, I had posted a message in one of the forums here, & because I didn't name someone who's post I had referred, this person took it personally, & that kind of bothered me, as how on earth is one suppose remember everyone's names here, not to mention other groups I belong too, right? Okay, I got past that & am still here, & I don't see this person posting much, nor did she before, so maybe she got over it too. Hope so, as I don't try to hurt anyone's feelings, here, or in person. Just love to come & catch here...& glad to have this forum for all of us to do just that!

Nancy..

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Well, I started with this forum at the end of September... I don't remember how I found you all, but I thank God I did.

I lost all of my "friends" when my ex and I divorced... we divorced because of his drinking, so I got the house and he got the "friends"

I met and married a wonderful man 6 years ago and when I told him I wanted to sew he went and bought me a machine.... Then, he saw the trouble I was having with the cheap machine and bought me a better machine.

I started quilting a few years ago when our local jr college offered a free class.... it was a full class. even though these girls are great they aren't the kind you would call and say... lets go have lunch.

You girls are that kind.... If you said you were going to be in my neck of the woods I would say stop by, or lets meet for lunch....

And now look at me... I am getting PM'd every so often, and I get answers to my questions, and once in a while I answer a question.... You all make me strive to be as friendly and nice and helpful and giving as you all are.... I feel like I belong.... I feel like I am part of the "in crowd".... You are all making me a better person.

Like some of the others I can't quilt fast so I am not much of a contirbutor of quilts or blocks.... but I have joined the secret Santa, and the secret pal for 2008 and I have made a heart block. And one day, mark my words, I am going to do a charm swap.... although I am leaning more toward round robin....

You girls have given me a boost in my confidence, which is what everyone needs from time to time.....

Someone else said, and I truly believe that the good Lord intended for us all to get together, for what I am not sure, maybe just to have fun and share his love.... but whatever the reason, I thank God for helping me find all of you and I thank all of you for welcoming me.... it's kind of like having a ton of sisters...Just look at how we all pulled together during the religion post... we even had gals coming out of the woodwork, and this post seems to be doing the same thing.

I know I have never met any of you in person but I truly do care about you, about your families, and even your pets.... and I am not a pet person....but I do really care with all my heart.

Don'tcha wish we could all meet and just get a group hug? Consider yourself hugged by me.....

Oh, and Kadie, you truly do have a way with words.... spoken like a ture scholar....

Love you all,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

ladybess

Post by ladybess » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:10 pm

I joined in January…the divorce, after 20 years of marriage, rocked my world. I can relate to Maryq (who helped me more than she knows with her kind pms, humor and compassionate answers to my queries). I was totally lost. I had sewn all my life but never made a quilt. Well, I have now made 8-1/2 tops – haven’t built up my nerve to finish them yet. Caroline1947 sent me the most beautiful table runner, just when I needed it the most – my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer and it doesn’t look like a very good future. My mother couldn’t believe that someone I have never met would do something so nice. Beautiful pms were sent to me when I opened up with my feelings, giving me strength. Even though I have three sisters, work in an office of all women, I don’t have anyone to talk “quilt” with! This forum has saved my sanity. Inspiration, Laughter, Compassion, Experience – all at the click of a mouse. Lori

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Dearest Jennie, I am so happy that you started this wonderful topic! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I have really been touched by everyone that has posted. It is mind blowing to me, the Love we all have for each other. But I think as quilters we are all made with a certain type of thread that maybe binds us together. God def. had a hand in the reason/start of this forum! Otherwise so many of us would not have stumbled upon it as we did. I really think of you all as family. I can come here and talk about things that I cannot talk to some of my family about. We are all different in ways, just as all family members are different. I just Thank the Lord daily for all of you.

Love You ALL

Return to “Projects from the Heart”