Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, DEC 1, EL'S ANGELS SEW-IN

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
kho

Re: SATURDAY, DEC 1, EL'S ANGELS SEW-IN

Post by kho » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi, I'm here. I'm not much in the mood for sewing just yet. We just heard that our small town lost a 13 year old in a car accident today and her sister is on life support. There are also 2 others injured and in critical condition. The storm is raging and it's ice now. Earlier it was snow and sleet. I'm not sure if I want to work on pillow cases to go with the quilt I am working on. That may be better as they are gifts and not something for me. It is just so sad to think about those parents tonight. Just so sad.:(

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:28 pm

Kho, I am so sorry. Yes that is very sad! Our litrtlem area has had tragedy as well the past 6 days. A 20 yr old, pregnant female has been missing. They arrested her Boyfriend and found her body this morning. Straight A college students. Both of them. I feel so bad for parents that lose a child.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:28 pm

Cathy, you and Ann just hop on a plane and I will pick you up at the airport.... Supper is in about an hour or so, I will set extra places at the table for you....

Kho, I think we all should say a prayer for those families whose kids were in that car accident.... What awful news to get at this time of year or any time for that matter...
Psalm 91

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:30 pm

kho, Bless you and all that have been touched by this tragic event. Prayers going out for the dear one on life support and the family. Maybe tonight would be a good night for each of us to reflect upon our loved ones near and far, how lucky we are to have each other and how El's Angels have the opportunity to touch the lives of those in need.
Loving thoughts and Prayers,
Debi

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Kho and Cathy, so sorry to hear of the tragedies in your area. Will pray for the families.

Carole

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Chriss, that sounds great! LOL I will even clean the kitchen afterwards.

Carole we are all so blessed to have each other here. Or I know I am.

What is everyone working on? I am handquilting "still" on that baby quilt. I think these borders are growing by the day. LOL

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Zfatcat, oh, the bunnies are going to look GREAT in the middle of stars! What a great idea! I couldn't bear to cut them up...quite that much! I have 8 12" squares of the bunnies, four 9-patch blocks in the corners. Wanted 12 bunny blocks but didn't have enough fabric, hence the 9-patches. Sashed in pink, with little fussycut squares of the veggies along the picket fence as cornerstones, and to break up the pink...I love the little smiling faces on the vegetables! It's been fun working on this one.

Carole

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Carole that sounds just adorable. Hope you will take a pic when you asre done. Would love to see it. I love bunnies.

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Just got home and thought I'd check in with y'all

Got my pj's on and the heat cracked up a little (turn it down when I'm gone all day) We're in the middle of a nice snowstorm, been snowing here since about 11:00am--must have 5 or 6" already. I'm so grateful I only live 1.5 miles from work and I can creep home on the slippery roads. I've thought about looking for a different job from time to time, but I can't beat the commute I have!! Especially when I'm such a ninny about the snow!

Trying to decide which project to do first tonite. Have a table runner I'm dying to finish and also want to whip up a couple pair of fleece mittens for luv2create's MSU family project. And of course the kitchen is a mess and I need to do laundry! But hey.. there's always tomorrow for that stuff!

KHO, sorry to hear the loss in your town....

Will check back in with everybody later on. MIght get a photo posted of my runner later--it's my favorite one so far!

Marymargaret

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:46 pm

I've got dinner mostly under control, in between sitting here on my arse, chatting...LOL! We are having a leftovers buffet: turkey salad, lasagne, garden salad that I extended, and deviled eggs (boiling on the stove at the moment). Not enough of any one thing for all five of us, but if we all eat a dab of this and a dab of that, it will be plenty. I am not overly fond of leftovers, so this should wipe 'em out good and proper!

DH just came in, time to go smooch on him...
Carole

Return to “Projects from the Heart”