Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fri. Nov. 30th - El's Angels Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Re: Fri. Nov. 30th - El's Angels Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:14 pm

MM, I'm feeling much better, thanks! Did your nosebleed stop? I missed a bunch of posts while I was working on my applique projects!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Bubbles, your soaps look so pretty, some of them look good enough to eat!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm glad, GP, drink lots of fluids & rest a lot.

The nose bleed was wild. I never get em. But I've got this sinus bs going on. It's ugly ;)

I'm going to take my codine cough syrup & knock myself out for the night lol

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Work was fine, but I sure would rather have been home with all of you gals!

I think some body is trying to tell me something. I went shopping at Fabric Frenzy here tonite, filled up the cart to over flowing--was so close to free shipping I just kept on going.... And then DARN, I entered zip code to go on to next screen to place order and I got an ERROR message!! AACCKK.. Good thing I printed out my entire list first. Might just have to phone it in on Monday or Fax it off!

I just could NOT resist the absolutely gorgeous Christmas fabric... all those beautiful prints with sprakles in them. OH MY

Well, it's time for me to go to bed so that I can get up early and head off to work in the morning. My boss has projects lined up for me so I'm sure it will be a busy day. going to come home at 6 and throw on the pj's and SEW!!! Well and probably do a few other things on my TO DO list!

G'nite All
Marymargaret

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:23 pm

MM, I had never had a nosebleed in my life and about 3 yrs. ago out of the clear blue I had a humdinger one come on and it was scary as the devil! DH came home and was trying to get me to the E.R. because we couldn't get it stopped, well, right outside the hosp. parking lot is a Chick-filet and I insisted he go thru the drive thru for a Sprite for me! Mainly because I hate going to the hosp. for things and was stalling because I was hoping the nosebleed would stop first! I pitched such a fit he did pull in the drive-thru for my Sprite. Sure enough, the nosebleed started stopping miraculously while we waited, but the lady that handed him the Sprite looked at him real funny, and all of a sudden it hit us...OMG!...she thinks DH has beaten me up or something! LOL! I had a bath towel soaked in blood holding it on my face! ROFLOL!!! Ended up it stopped completely as soon as I got my Sprite! LOL! Anyway, it left behind that red splotch beside my nose and it's still there! That was a wild experience!

SusieQ51

Post by SusieQ51 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:23 pm

I a little farther south in Indiana and we are hearing about the same type of winter weather. We have been lucky so far with really nice temps and weather. With crappy weather, I just might be able to get started on those projects.

kho

Post by kho » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Good night everyone. I am turning in. We will be in that intersting weather that is supposed to be here around noon. We are set for the most part, need to make sure the livestock are taken care of. Tomorrow I will fill the tub so we have water to flush and sit back and wait. My quilt is at a hand sew stage, or I can cut more if we lose power with the ice that could be headed this way. If all esle fails I can wrap Christmas presents or something. Everyone have a good week end, to the folks in the path of this storm, stay warm and enjoy it. Last year on the first we got hit with 10 inches of snow.
We could even have thunder in all of this mess. Interesting.
Sandy

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:41 pm

Yeah, I've never really had a nosebleed either so this was new to me. I actually looked up first aide for it online. I'll spare the nasty details, but it was starting to make me sick....

On that note, now I am for real going to go to bed. I'm washed, brushed & Daisy is pottied & ready for bed too.

So, goodnight ladies :) Are we doing this tomorrow too??

xoxo

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:45 pm

GP & MM, I do hope that you have your nose bleed's under control. GP be glad you didn't get inside of the hospital, they would have probably just packed your nose with gauze to stop the bleeding. My DH and DS had problems for quite a while. The Dr. told them to use the antibiodic ointment inside the nose twice a day. It did the trick. We live in such a dry climet that they were just drying out. I hope you both are doing better. Linda

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Goodnite, Caren..........I'll "Fluff" your pillows for you. Sweet dreams!!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”