Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Holiday giving

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
lv2create

Holiday giving

Post by lv2create » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 am

Some of you may know I work for Michigan State University. Each year we adopt at student family I'm so very excited this year we have a family mom, dad and three children 2 boys one girl. The reason I'm excited is that the girl Abigal age 10 is into SEWING and has asked for related items notions, cloths patterns, and somthing to orgaize her sewing in. If any one is interested in donated sewing items for Abigail please feel free to pm me. Christmas for some reason has never been my favoite holiday, however doing this each year for a family really touches my heart and makes the holiday worth it for me.

I really enjoy being part of this forum and think you all are wonderful.

Oasis

Re: Holiday giving

Post by Oasis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 am

I'd like your address please. If I don't have anything else, some pretty FQs might be nice for her. How old are the boys?

Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 am

I've got fabric with a bit of 'bling' to it that my 10 and 14 year old girs love. Would happily send you a FQ if I could do it ASAP b/c I'm not sure what your deadline is and I'd have to post it from Nova Scotia.

Sorry that I can't help with the boys unless they like hockey ;)

dawne

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:26 pm

What a great idea. I'm going to Joann's tomorrow. What does she want to sew? Is she going to hand sew or machine?
I am going to pm you.

sharon

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 pm

This is a great way to share our love for quilting and sewing with Abigal. Do you have any idea what the boys or parents may be interested in? Would love to send a little something for each if possible. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea with us!!
Happy stitching!!
Debi

lv2create

Post by lv2create » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:14 am

Thank you all for your help and support. I will answer a few of the questions I'm reading. Mom asked for school supplies, dad asked for nothing, the boys 7 and 3 asked for mittens & books 7 yr old likes star wars, 3 year old likes little tikes. The family together asked for a throw for the couch for family movie night to all cuddle up with. Abigail likes to sew cloths and costumes she likes to preform. I have been doing this for 10 years and I can tell you I have never had an ungratful family. We have never had a family ask for silly or unreasonable things. We are also getting a large basket of food and basic household items. I will take pictures of the gifts and the family we will need the items by Dec 11 and wraping on Dec 12 family will be coming on Dec 14. Again thank you thank you for all of your help. This means so much.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 am

Sorry, it posted twice for some reason.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:23 am

I have some books and a fabric bundle ( Qiad's scrap bundle) packed and ready to send. It's raining here today so am staying home to sew and decorate. Maybe tomorrow (Sat.) I'll get to Postal Annex. I think the package will make it to you in time. ;~)

Although the postage to "Outer Space" could be a little daunting! LOL
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Projects from the Heart”