Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

A Boatload of " Stockings for the Troops " Pics !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
MAWmum

Re: A Boatload of " Stockings for the Troops " Pics !

Post by MAWmum » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:53 am

Wow great job!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:25 am

OMG - these pics got the goose bumps and the water works going! It's a wonderful, selfless thing you have done for our troops. Hard to express the feelings. I love you, girlfriend, for taking this on. And a huge (((HUG))) to everyone that all those beautiful stockings. This is a very special group and I'm so proud to be a small part of it.

Cindyg

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 am

Still the reigning Queen...all the subjects helping you look quite well cared for too.

Who is the picture portrait of?

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 pm

teacups, the pic is of Kristina, a soldier in Iraq, and her grandmother and dad are holding her picture. They came and helped us fill stockings and package them to send out. It was a very emotional time and they are such a lovely family. Kristina is a beautiful girl.

cindyg, if you'll go to the other pics topic I'm wearing the beautiful royal necklace you sent me..it shows up best in the pic with me and Santa! LOL!

The other "elves" are our employees and our two sons. My youngest son, Jason, put the most time into this project, his heart was VERY into it and he and I enjoyed it tremendously.

I'm having computer trouble today, so I don't even know if I can get this posted or not!

AuntieGrandma

Post by AuntieGrandma » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:54 pm

God Bless you for remembering our troops...I'm a new member here and would like information on how to send stockings for next year - it's too late to help this year; but having an abundance of Christmas fabrics, I would love to help in the future. Thank you for all you do, Auntie Grandma

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi AuntieGrandma.. welcome to the forum!GP will get back to u soon im sure she usually checks out all of the posts.
hope u post often and show us your work!
mcmema/jennie

LynnS

Post by LynnS » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Me too! I'd like to help out for next year, even if it means sending stockings to you in July. JoAnns has Christmas fabric at 60% off now. That means I can buy fabric and stash it for later. I need a pattern though as I have no clue how to make these. I like the "one fabric" ones as opposed to the stripes.

What are you putting in the stockings?

Return to “Projects from the Heart”