Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

donations have started arriving

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
justdawne

donations have started arriving

Post by justdawne » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:44 am

Hello forum friends,
Just wanted to share a bit of joy with all of you before me and mine rush off to French & drama classes.

You may know that I'm coordinating a group quilt for a young man who lost his family recently in a house fire. I didn't ask for blocks from this forum b/c everyone has been so busy with the 2 projects to help the folks in CA.

Anyway, I do have blocks coming and the first box arrived yesterday. Can I just say "WoW". She sent 12 meters of two different fabrics. Both very lovely from Moda, rich and warm browns. These are for backing and borders. She also sent 4 blocks.

Should be another box in the mail today and 2 due to arrive next week. Project is really coming along well. Should be a very busy month of January ;)

Hubby is cooking our turkey dinner while the kids and I attend to our regularly scheduled Thursdays. Nice of him to take off for my holiday. I might just have to keep him.

Hope all of you are having a good Thanksgiving,
Dawne

CaroleJ

Re: donations have started arriving

Post by CaroleJ » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:13 am

Dawne, are you collecting blocks? I have some lovely earthtone scraps here...I would be happy to put one together!

Give me a size, and a pattern if you want, and SAY THE WORD!

Carole

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:38 pm

I too have some earth tones and know I could make at least one block if I had the size and pattern. Let us know.

Sunsup/Sandy

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:50 am

I rec'd two more blocks today from a quilter who is not part of this forum. I told her about it though ;)

I know the reason for this quilt is tragic but I can't deny the happiness I feel when I receive these parcels knowing what support and love there is in the world!

Thanks Sandy, CaroleJ for your interest. I've PMed each of you.

dawne

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:08 am

I sent you my block in the mail this morning. I hope it will blend with the others ok.

Sunsup/Sandy

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:22 am

Sandy,
Thanks! I look forward to seeing the block.

I really believe that we'll be able to arrange the blocks in such a way that it'll be beautiful. I'm sure everything will blend well. I just have a good feeling about it.

;)
dawne

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm

4 blocks arrived today. If I 'ohhh and ahhh' anymore it'll start to sound rehearsed and fake when it's not. I'm running out of adjectives to describe how nice these blocks are.

Will post pics in a few weeks as more and more poor in.

dawne

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:03 pm

Forgot to say that I had a surprise block given to me at a guild meeting tonight. A friend had seemed mildly interested in a 'good for you' sort of way but didn't comment further. Tonight she had a block to give me.

How cool is that?
dawne

justdawne

Post by justdawne » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:05 am

Rec'd more blocks today for this project. VERY exciting. Lovely blocks. Yes, I'm taking pics to put into a website or possibly a blog will be less work?? Keep y'all posted ;)

Anyway, package here from TN which I'm betting came from an angel here at the forum.. I think it's Sandy/Sunsup. I didn't have the email to thank this person - if she will please step forward. Logic tells me it's Sandy b/c she sent a block on Nov. 26th.

I love the block!! Quite nicely done and very manly. Just a question - is the fabric prewashed? I have a hard time telling these things.

Thank you again, a hundred times, for your help and for lending your talents.

dawne

Return to “Projects from the Heart”