Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
SewSew

Re: El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Post by SewSew » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:06 pm

Hello all!! I have been cleaning my sewing room all day so that I could get sewing tonight. I am going to pull out some of my Christmas swap blocks and see what I can do with them.

I can't put on my pjs just yet, I have to run DD#3's friend home in about an hour. When I get back the pjs will definitely be the attire of choice.

Ann

kadie

Post by kadie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 pm

My PJs they have cuddle-me-Elmos all over them...don't want to embarrass the neighbours if I sneak outside for a smoke!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Kathy, glad to hear from you...pop in and out as you can!

Hey, Cindy, get those pj's on and come back! LOL! I'm in my pink knit pj's with the really elastic waist that allows for mega expansion for the snacking I plan to do tonight! And...they go so well with my tiara and boa, too! LOL! kadie, we'll be here awhile, and are looking forward to you stirring things up with us! Where are the roos and koalas tonight...in other words, is it safe to bring out my fabric or not???!!!

roseytoes

Post by roseytoes » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi All!
Prayers have been said for the troops, thier families and our El.
Georgiapeach, this is fun! Thanks for our 1st guild meeting.

DH and I just came in from dinner. We went to bucca di beppo, had lots (too much spaghetti and meatballs lol) I'm carbed out so I might go easy on the snacks tonight. We stopped at Barnes and Noble. I bought the new Josh Grobin Christmas CD and Jennifer Chiaverini's New Years Quilt?
Anyone read her books? They are wonderful. I am making pillow cases tonight, I am making them for QIAD Linda's California fire relief.

I will be popping in and out in between sewing.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 pm

I got the New Years Quilt earlier this week but have only read the first chapter. I had pre-ordered it on Amazon last month. I love all the Elm Creek books, they are my favorite and I have read them all more than once.

Ann

Bonnielass

Post by Bonnielass » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm here. The last two days I've been working on bears! Have 6 1/2 baby bears done and today have almost finished a big bear.

Debby

kadie

Post by kadie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Bring it out Your Royal Hineyness....it will be very safe I promise you. It's too stinky hot here in the middle of the day (Sat) for any wildlife shenanigans.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Well, I have my flannel pants on, and a long sleeved sleep shirt... It's 45 outside! I'm not ready for winter yet!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 pm

roseytoes...GREAT IDEA! I'd forgotten about the pillowcases and I was just wondering today if that'd be a good item for QIAD-Linda's fire victims boutique...yahoo! I've got my first project now! I knew it wouldn't take long to get me going once I got around ya'll! What kind of fabric are you going to use for yours? As a matter of fact, my mom loves-loves-loves pillowcases, so I can make hers tonight, too! Thanks a bunch...I'm off to the races now! Woo-Hoo!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Love Elm Creek books! I'm going to B&N tomorrow to get it!

Bobbi what are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Return to “Projects from the Heart”