Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Re: El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Emma and Elissa, hi girls! So glad you could join us tonight! What are ya'll up to? Are you in your pj's, too? Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving??!!! Did Miss Bev tell you about the wonderful quilt she and the other ladies here made for me? It is soooo pretty! Give her a great big hug from me, ok?! I'll post a pic later tonight.

Wow, the meeting is filling up quick...this is going to be fun! DH is on his way home with a boatload of junk food for us...Arby's French Dip roast beef sandwich, jalapeno kickers with Bronco Berry sauce, potato cakes and a cherry turnover for me. I decided to eat healthy tonight! ROFLOL!!!

Hi, Zach! I just saw your post! I'll bet you're going to have a great lot of fun with your Grandma tonight! Have her tell you about the shopping trip she and I went on last month! We had so much fun and your Grandma is a really really nice lady!

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi everybody I'm Zach J I'm 5 years old. Do you make quilts all of the time like my grandma. Were watching Ratatouille!!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:33 pm

I'm cooking t-day dinner at home for DH's relatives, and a friend.

Bobbi, I was going to invite you! Please make sure that when you get up to see Maryq, you let me know, maybe I can meet you two someplace, if that's not too forward.

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Sweatshirt, flannel jammie pants, fuzzy slippers--no boa, but scarf cause my neck gets cold. I like the house cool, and layers of clothes.
Pets are confused because I am headquartered in my sewing/multipurpose room for the duration.

Prayers said for El and family. Lost my Mom 28 years ago, and there I was in my car today when out of the blue, I just felt and said aloud
"I miss my Mom" and tears were streaming down my face. It is such a hard loss. My heart goes out to Eleanor and family.

Josh is singing "I'll Be Home for Christmas"...it starts out with actual recordings of servicemen and women sending Merry Christmas wishes to their families......tearjerker.

Bransmom

Post by Bransmom » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was busy sewing for Linda.

kho

Post by kho » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm here-I'm putting the binding on a quilt for my grandaughter!Maybe I canget my son to post a pic of it later-DH is out getting the pizza and I am going to change into pj's. How many Elm Creek books are there? I have read the first 3. Sandy

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Good grief...the song ends with recordings of the children wishing them Merry Christmas and wishing they could be home.

God bless you Your Royal Peachiness, and all who helped you, for sending those stockings out!!

HugANurse

Post by HugANurse » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Cindy, how sweet of you to think about me. I'll keep you in mind when I plan a trip next spring - can't remember exactly where you live in Iowa, but I am sure we can get together. wouldn't that be fun.

Hi to the kids, are you having fun with grandma? We have a lot of fun around here. But watch out for GP - she and Kadie get a bit "out of this world" if we don't keep them tied down!! LOL

Bobbi

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi Zach. Love Ratatouille. How fun to have a grandma who loves to make quilts, and to be together with her tonight. Have fun. Remind your Grandma to bring out the snacks and goodies. :)

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi to Bev's grandbabies! Ooops, not babies any more, are you?? Kadie lives where the Kangaroos do..... I live in Iowa, just a little north (well, a lot north) of you!

I make all different sized quilts. I am just about finished with a twin sized quilt that will be going to wildfire victims in California!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”