Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
SueSwan

Re: Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Post by SueSwan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Sounds really good. I have Christmas presents sew. Perfect time to do it as I am using a QIAD pattern .....
Jammies, movies, computer, sweets and quilting .... PERFECT

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Oh this is going to be fun! If I finish getting the top pieced I can start quilting the Christmas quilt for DH and I. Or quilt my dad and FIL's Christmas quilts. Or make my mom's gift, which now that I think of it might not be such a good idea since she may pop in here! I'm going to be in comfy flannel pj's, sporting my tiara and boa and sipping hot chocolate and dessert, chatting with my dear friends....how much better could it get???! Is it Friday yet???!!

SueSwan

Post by SueSwan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 pm

As I don't have a boa, can I wear my Scottish tartan scarf? Us country girls go in for "practical" ornamentation.... LOL

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 pm

I am going to make a list of all the projects I want to finish before the holidays so I can check them off as I go. This helps me to feel in control and not so crazy! Then, on Friday evening, I will start on the first one, chat and sip cocoa, and sew. Can't wait!

It's like Girls Night In! lol

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm

SueSwan, absolutely you must wear your tartan scarf! Linda, good idea with the list and checking things off! This will help us accomplish things while having our fun together, too!

Cocoa Mix

8 cups nonfat dry milk
7 ounces dry nondairy creamer
1 lb. Nestle' Quik
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
Marshmallow optional (well, they're NOT optional for me! LOL!)

Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. For one mug of cocoa, pour 1 cup hot water over 1/4 cup mix.
Yield: About 16 cups mix; 64 servings

I keep a triple batch of this stuff on my counter all thru the fall and winter for quick cups of hot chocolate. It is not a real rich or dark chocolate mix, it will look like a light latte so don't add more mix trying to make it darker! LOL!

Spiced Tea Mix

2 cups orange flavored Tang
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups instant tea
1/2 cup Wyler's powdered lemonade mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves

Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Mix 1-1/2 to 2 Tablespoons (or to taste) mix in a mug of hot water. I like mine kinda strong.
Yield: 6 cups mix; about 48-60 servings

I make gift jars of both these mixes and put in a mason jar or a jar with a tight-fitting lid and decorate them in different ways, with the recipe attached.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:36 pm

GP,
Great idea about the mason jar mixes. I had a recipe for cookie dough where you stacked the ingredients in a mason jar and just had to dump it all in a bowl, add water and mix it up for fresh cookie dough. I will have to look for that. Makes great gifts and fun to do.

I am going upstairs right now to make some hot chocolate, you made it sound so good! Yummy!

abrakadabra

Post by abrakadabra » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:37 pm

I can hardly wait!

abrakadabra

Post by abrakadabra » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Count me in. I can hardly wait!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:42 pm

DARN I have to work until 9pm, But as soon as I get home I'll be checking in with all you guys to see what you're up to.

Saturday I HAVE to clean my house, DD is bringing boyfriend home and I just CAN'T have him see what a slob I REALLY am!!! but as soon as I'm done, I'm hitting the sewing machine.

Have wednesday off this week, but have to go down and check up on Mom, so will save chores and sewing for the weekend.

Have a great time gals, will be thinking of y'all!

marymargaret

may

Post by may » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:43 pm

Count me in. I need to get the house cleaned, meals in the frig, Friday can't come soon enough. Friday morning I have a date with my QIAD friends and my sewing machine. Carol may

Return to “Projects from the Heart”