Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:11 pm

How about we kick off our first El's Angels Friday night sew-in this coming Friday? We could work on our Christmas or holiday projects or some of the charity projects in progress. We're going to the cabin again and I really have to catch up on holiday projects. Anyway, would like to hear everyone's suggestions and input on this.

maryq

Re: Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:24 pm

GP

Let me check my work schedule. Seems most of the time lately I have to work until 9pm... after a full day on my feet, but that time I'd ready to crash.. don't dare start sewing cuz who know what would happen to my 1/4" seams!

What a great fun idea though!!!

Marymargaret

quiltwithmom

Post by quiltwithmom » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Great idea GP!
I would be glad to join some time. I am in the process of cleaning up my sewing and putting it away for a few days. Our youngest son will be here for a visit Wed-Sat. So Friday is out. My sewing room is also the guest room. Maybe I'll pop in and see how everyone is doing while the guys are watching TV.
Kathy

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Sounds good to me........I have to work till 6:15, but I'll be home around 7. Plus, that would give me an excuse to pick up something for supper on the way!! (Like I really need an excuse to do that)lol
DH will be getting ready for hunting on Saturday, so I should have lots of time. Let's see how it works out!!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:55 pm

How about we commit to working on some type of charitable project every week? Whether it be Friday night or whenever. Then we can post and share on Friday nights. Lori
Lori 8-)

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:42 pm

that sounds qreat, GP, but i will be riding to OH on friday night. hopefully i can do the next one.

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Goodie. I have a few things under way, and can finish by or on Friday.

Think I'll make some hot cocoa to enjoy during the sew-in.

Carol

kho

Post by kho » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Great idea Madame President!

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 pm

Sounds good to me.

Loretta

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:45 pm

That sounds great to me. I am going on a sewing marathon Tue. I am going to Northern Michigan to a dear friend's house. Hunting season starts on the 15th. The guys will be at the hunting camp by the 13th. I am going on the 13th. We will sew, laugh, act stupid, we get really wild and eat the chocolate chips right out of the bag.

We have been doing this several years. I look forward to it every year. We have been close friends since 1972, so I guess we have a long history. We have to stay friends we know too much about each other.

She worked with me in Paducah last year. She said she is packed and ready to go, again. My kind of woman.

I will be sewing right along with everyone Fri.

Ruthie

Return to “Projects from the Heart”