Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Moved from Chit Chat: Need your heart and hands

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
QIAD-Linda

Moved from Chit Chat: Need your heart and hands

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:02 pm

Dear El's Angels,
This morning at church there was a flyer in our bulletin titled "How you can minister to those impacted by the fire." They listed several ways for people to get involved and help. The last item on the list was "Prayer and Comfort Quilts." I emailed the lady in charge (she used to work for the American School of Needlework) and asked her about the quilts she needs. Here is her response:

Linda
Right now because of the volume of need we are making small 13" x 14"
comfort squares, the information is on our church web site www.rbcpc.com. I also live close to North County Fair and walk there daily. Is there a time and place we could meet and I can show you what we are doing - or our prayer quilt group is meeting at the church several days this week - Tuesday 11:30 - 3:30, Wednesday 6:30 -8:30 and next Saturday from 9:00 - 3:00. We are making them with all fabrics as there are children that want them for friends, teens that want them, adults that want them, the list just keeps
growing.
Your email is truly a blessing. I had close to 50 squares ready this morning at church and they are all gone with a list of members wanting squares for another 50 - so we can't make them fast enough.
We are also going to be reaching out the beginning of December with a
Community Christmas Boutique where those that have lost homes can come and select items to help create new memories. We will begin collecting items for that shortly so if there are quilters that would rather make other items, stockings, ornaments, angels, quilts, etc we are open to those donations also.
Thanks for following your heart and responding.
Kathy

I asked Kathy if we could make any pattern and she said yes. They are trying to do a heart theme to show that people care and our prayers are coming from our hearts, but any pattern, color, etc will be a blessing. The people who have lost their homes have lost everything, in most cases. Yes, insurance will help but at this time, a gift of love from other in a tangible form, means a great deal. The church is also collecting gift cards from stores like Safeway, WalMart, Target, Home Depot if anyone wants to donate in that manner.

Also, items for their free boutique would be wonderful! I am going to make some more Christmas Stockings! lol, guess I will be making those for the rest of my life for one thing or another. Items for the Christmas Boutique need to be here by November 30. I know that time is short but we don't get to plan when we have a disaster.

I had Andy post the label I made up to attach to your blocks, quilts, or other projects. I want the Fire Victims to know that we are all thinking of them - from all over the country.

If you go to "Free Patterns" on our website and scroll to the bottom, you will see "Fire Victim Relief Labels". They are plain, I didn't think it was a good idea to put our new name on them. Just put in your name and city/state. I know it will bless them to see items coming to them from all over.

Thank you all in advance for your loving concern and your wonderful sewing hands.

Linda

sunsup

Re: Moved from Chit Chat: Need your heart and hands

Post by sunsup » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Where did the original go?

kadie

Post by kadie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:08 pm

sunsup....it's under Chit Chat page 2

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm

*SMILE*

I Love this post Linda.
And it does belong here in this forum.

Christmas ornaments, Teddy Bears and Lots of prayer quilts are being made.

Have you kept a list of who is making what?

You get to take a few Teddy Bears with you when you come up to Julian for a visit. They are for the Boutique.
I think there are a few more Teddy Bears in the making.

***Tulpje***

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Tulpje, What's the update on getting the pattern for the teddy bear? If we cannot get it, pls let me know and I'll do something else. thanks bunches. Keeping you and DH in my prayers for good results of tests. carol/kittyquilt

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi Kitty, my fault. I got to busy today to follow up. I will do it first thing in the morning.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:36 pm

Thank You KittyQuilt for your prayers.

Linda-QIAD time to get that bear, I mean Ball rolling.
In your original treat a few more asked about it.

Keep me in stitches Linda *HUGS* and Good Night.

***Susanna***

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:21 am

Linda, the prayer quilts are in the mail and I will have a package for the boutique ready by early next week. I know that what I have made is not very much but I pray that collectively we have filled many hearts with hope.

Ann

SueSwan

Post by SueSwan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 am

Linda,
Good morning.
Some finished blocks in the mail to you today.
I hope there end up being tons of them, flying from El's Angels all over the country.
SueSwan

kadie

Post by kadie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Linda,
I sent 6 blocks off yesterday to astitchintime as she is gunna make them into the quilts for me. Sorry it is only 6, spent the rest of the time trying to make a bear....bad idea!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”