Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Charitable Projects

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
QIAD-Linda

Charitable Projects

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Dear Angels,
I had Andy open this new topic so we can keep all of our new and on-going donation projects in one area so they are easy to find. This would include items like the Disaster Blocks, Iraq Christmas Stockings, Fire Victim Relief, etc. Please keep this Topic for these types of discussions.

Also, I received a request to open another new Discussion Topic "Pay Homage to the Queen". When I mentioned this to Andy, he rolled his eyes, shook his head, and just simply walked away! I guess that means he didn't think it was a good idea. I will not divulge the name of the person who requested this new Topic so please don't ask me! Her name will go to my grave with me!

(See GP, I told you I could keep a secret! lol)

Georgiapeach

Re: Charitable Projects

Post by Georgiapeach » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Linda, I STILL think it'd be a great idea, I know I'd certainly enjoy that topic category a whole lot!!! ROFLOL!!!

Oh by the way, in accordance with your request to keep this category on topic....I'll send something for the boutique project....IF I get homage paid to me! ROFLOL!!!!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:01 pm

ROFLOL........ My head is spinning with all this post and forum hopping.

GP, you should've asked for a guilt forum titled EL's Angels.

I'm not getting any Teddy Bear sewing done today. (throwing that out here so I stay on topic)

Next thing we know we'll have an official forum for who knows what. (stash Counters club?)

Can I have a different screen name for each forum?

Before we know it S-Crappy Angel will barge in here also.

<grin> I have such a good time here with all of you.

Big *HUGS*

***Tulpje***

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Come on, Susanna..don't ruin a good thing for me!!! Afterall, I am the Queen! Pay homage, woman!!! ROFLOL!!!! Whoooo-eeee!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:09 pm

LOL, I'm not trying to be a party S-Crapper. Waiting for Lee....<our scrap master>

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:13 pm

bowing down to our Queen/President. lol, Just remember GP, when one bows down, ones butt goes up! lol

Just a note on the Boutique: I talked to Kathy today and they are going to have theme Christmas trees with ornaments on them. That way, people can select ornaments in a style they like. You don't have to make ornaments, they will accept all kinds of purchased ones too.

Thanks for your generous offer Queen Peach.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:20 pm

*smile*

Linda, that's fantastic.
I always shop each year for dated ornaments.
A few ornaments on that tree dated 2007?

I still have dated 'ornaments' my boys made for me in ellementary school. Now they're in their 30's. One is a simple apple ornament with the year painted on it. That was my first dated ornament, and it has added up for like 25 years since then.

***Tulpje***

nanjam62

Post by nanjam62 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks Linda, I'm having trouble keeping up with what I've committed to. Maybe with them in one place it will help my wee brain keep up with them. Of course if we have to stop and pay homage to royalty, bowing and scraping (or is it bowing and scrapping?), polishing tiaras, every time we get on we may not have time for charity. Next thing we know she'll be wanting us to do "royal ornaments" with her picture in her tiara & boa. LOL

Nancy

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Okay, here I am, barging in! I'd have been here sooner but I was talking to DH on the phone. He's still at least 3 hours away but at least he's in the same state now. :)

When I pick scraps up off the floor I will remember to sit on the floor instead of bending over. I don't want to leave any part of me up in the air for possible attack! :)

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:41 pm

nanjam...royal ornaments....I LOVE it! Leetec, smart thinking, but you could always bow with your hiney to the wall!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”