Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Contest ended 2/15/22congratulations to the winner

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Marilynsgrammy

Contest ended 2/15/22congratulations to the winner

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:32 pm

The postage kitty for mailing comfort quilts is empty. It costs almost $20 to mail a quilt.

There are quilt tops and completed quilts but no money to mail them out. I came up with this contest to hopefully add money to the kitty.

Above are pictures of a Jelly roll, some layer cakes and some FQ bundles. Winner chooses their prize, and the rules are as follows.

If you send in $20 you will get your name in the hat once.
If you sent in $40 you will get your name in the hat twice, etc.

Prizes are as follows

If your name is drawn and you submitted $20 you can choose two items from the pictures above.
If your name is drawn and you sent in $40 you can choose four items etc. until the items run out

$20 equals one chance and if drawn gets two items.
$40 equals two chances and if drawn gets four items.

Whatever time Tina gets her mail on February 15th is the cut off time for the contest and the winning name will be drawn the evening of February 15th. No exceptions. Tina will have one of her grandchildren or her husband draw the lucky name.

Package will be sent to the winner as soon as I know their prize selection...
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

ends today Contest ends 2/15/22 last chance

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 pm

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Re: NEW END DATE Contest ends 2/15/22

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:57 pm

have to Thank you all from my heart. You really blew me away with your generosity. We ended up with a total of $575 in donations! We had 13 people donate. This should last us for years!

Our inventory is:
At my house: $515 in the kitty now.
I have 34 finished tops and 22 bindings here and I believe I have enough backing for at least 15 quilts, that's hard to say for sure but it's a close guess and enough batting for 10 to 12 quilts depending on sizes.

At Maryz's house she has $60 in the kitty now.
She has: 10 finished ( most are 48x60). Enough for 12 more that are unfinished. BACKS - 15 w/ lot leftovers, none big enough for backs, 9 yards of 96" BATTING (approx 9 quilts), 14 BINDINGS and JELLY ROLLS - 3 + 2 partials.

Thank you all ❤❤❤
Tina

zfatcat

Re: Contest ended 2/15/22congratulations to the winner

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:43 pm

That's wonderful Tina.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Projects from the Heart”